X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 tv output??

hi,
    i was wondering if you kind people can help,
    i was wondering what tv output of the g400 is like, anyone know?

What im wondering is if it has the black border effect like my marvel g200, or if it is restored to its former glory like the old Millenium 2 + Rainbow Runner soloution!

The dvd duelhead watch on your tv while use your pc, is a great idea but i couldnt bare to think of that going to waste showing dvd's in a black border AAAGGGGHHHH lol

also, anyone know if the dvd software is reigion coded (or fixable :O)
    thanks for your time,
    CMB

p.s. IM looking forward to the video competition.!!! This_idiot, did you get 'the return of darth maul' file i sent you?
    also in submitting videos for your avi board...
    would it be easier to juse send you the link from my webspace to post up (only if you like the vid of course :O)
    or upload to your server thingy :O)
    Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Hi CMB,

lots of people in the Hardware forum have reported that the G400´s TV-Output is perfect without any black borders.

The Matrox DVD player is the Cinemaster DVD player and it´s region code can be changed by some tools like DVD Region Selector as often as you like.

I guess the Marvel G400 will be the perfect allround solution for us DTV-interested users.

Bye, Uwe.

Comment

Thanks a lot uwe
      i shall now count my pennies and see about oredering one :O)
      one more thing,
      do you know if theres any disadvantage over getting the RRG and G400 MAX, rather then the Marvel...???
      Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

Hi,

afaik one difference is the software bundle:
        AFAIK the RRG is sold with MediaStudio and the Marvel will be sold with Avid Cinema.

Another difference could be the Dual Head feature.
        The Marvel G400 announcement tells us that the Marvel has the Dual Head feature, but that only a TV/VCR can be connected as second device (via the BOB).
        I don´t have a RRG, so I don´t know how the Dual Head feature of the MAX/RRG combo works, but with a G400(Max) you should be able to use a monitor as second display device too.

Bye, Uwe.

Comment

thanks again Uwe
          i think im leaning in favour of he MAX RRG
          combo, i have a PII 450 and hopefully the max will give me enough umfff to play the latest games in the coming months, also deep down i hope the next G card (G500 or whatever) will be compatable with the RRG again, saving money in the long run lol
          unless Matrox radically change the MJpeg hardware that is, thanks again
          CMB

Comment

Working...
          X