Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garbled screen in HL with D3D on resume.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garbled screen in HL with D3D on resume.

Hi all -

Playing HL in D3D at all resolution modes and bit levels, I end up with a garbled screen (black and white, no image)after ESCing, adjusting something and then resuming the game. Did anyone ever have the same problem? Please let me know.
    I'm running the latest update of HL.
    I had this problem with G200 as well.

Dell XPS R400Mhz, 256MB RAM, G400Max
    Serge

never had such problems... have you tried in Opengl?

Comment

It's an OGL game, best played in OGL
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

MatroxJunkie -

I've had some problems a bit like yours. When playing under D3D and ESC'ing to say, save the game and returning to the game the screen becomes garbled, but this time it's a mess of colours.

I can reverse the problem by ESC'ing again and switching to software mode and then back to D3D.

As for the TurboGL, when I have TGL enabled and try to start or continue a game all I get is the Loading screen after which the game crashes big time. Infact I can't get ANY game working with the TGL drivers.

------------------
        Quality Personality since
        Octek Rhino II BX,P3/450, 64Mb PC100,G400DH 32Mb, Sb64 PCI, Belinea 17", IBM Deskstar 16Gb
        Generic 36x CD, Acer CDRW and some additional crap.

Comment

Try setting the desktop to 16-bit. Solves it for me.

Comment

Thanx everybody for your responses. I tried 16 bit and it worked. AS for TGL, as far as i know it's optimized for PIII and doesnt work properly with PII. So I had to swith back to the previous OGL driver.
            Take care folks.
            Serge

Comment

Working...
            X