YEAHH!!! G400 + SB LIVE = LOVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YEAHH!!! G400 + SB LIVE = LOVE

I was a bit scared when I read about all the problems you guys has whith the G400 and the SB live cards. But when I got it last friday it worked perfect the first time an after three days of gaming it still do. I must have tested at least 20 new games and there was no problem at all and sounded GREAT!
    This is what I installed:

G400 MAX whith 5.30 drv
    DirectX 7
    SB LIVE whith Liveware 3.0

Is this just luck or are there many others out there who get it to work and doesn´t say anything.
    I think it can be a problem that everyone just writes about their problems whith the G400-SB live.
    People (like myself) may think that you cant have these two cards together and may choose another card.
    I took a chance and bought it anyway and I´m very very happy.

///Petter

------------------
    PII 350
    64 SDRAM PC100
    G400 32 DH MAX
    SB LIVE PLAYER 1024
    TAXAN 17"
    GRAVIS Xterminator (buy it, the best gamepad in the world)
    PII 350
    64 SDRAM PC100
    G400 32 DH MAX
    SB LIVE PLAYER 1024
    TAXAN 17"
    GRAVIS Xterminator (buy it, the best gamepad in the world)

I can't understand ppl complaining about SBLive! or G400/SBLive! together. I've actually never had problems with these two cards. Running very smooth, like they should.

------------------
    Cel464/128/G400/SBLive!/6xDVD
    Cel464/128/G400/SBLive!/6xDVD

Comment

Most people complaining about it where sharing IRQ´s, the Sb Live installation moved the G400 IRQ to 5 or something like that, where using the 1st Sb drivers which had a bug confliting with Matrox drivers or something like that.

Out of it, Sb Live! and Matrox G400 tend to coexist just fine.

Comment

All is fine except for that Lava! thing.. It's quite prone to crashes..
        It could be G400 issue, I'm not saying it is, but it could be..

------------------
        Pentium® II 300 MHz, Intel® AL440LX, 128 MB SDRAM, Matrox Millennium G400 DualHead, SB Live! Platinum, Toshiba SD-M1212, Seagate Medalist 6,5 GB, etc.
        There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

I picked up my SB LIVE! X-Gamer last Friday, and Love it!! I haven't had any conflicts between the My G400 MAX and the LIVE! After I installed the LIVE! I did have some Program terminations, i.e. I would be playing a game and get dumped to the desktop. So I remarked out all of the lines in my Autoexec.bat and Config.sys that the LIVE! installer had made, now no problems, and windows loads faster!!

Comment

Working...
          X