Which game for Vanilla?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which game for Vanilla?

Hy i'm new here,i want to ask,i bought my computer with vanilla,i want to knows witch game show the real power of vanilla ?,Thanks

Quake 2, Quake 3, Unreal, Unreal Tournament, Battlezone II, Toca2, Drakan, Fifa99, Superbike, GP500, Heretic II, Mortyr, Prince of Persia 3D, Rally2000, Re-Volt, Half-Life, System Shock 2, The Phantom menace, tomb Raider 4, Trickstyle, Alien vs Predator, Blood 2, Expendable, Midtown madness, USAF...

I think you won´t be disapointed with any of the current set of games. Of course, if they suport 32 bit rendering, 32 bit textures, bump-maping, then your G400 really shines..

Comment

Don't thin Nuno missed something there... or it must be Driver

Jorden.
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Drakan is definatly the game to show off the G400. EMBM...stencil buffered shadows...real time lighting...it's visually the best looking game I have ever seen..and G400 rocks on it

[This message has been edited by Kruzin (edited 31 October 1999).]
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

The graphics in Drakan are not that impressive. Blurry washed out textures, square hands and heads. The bump mapping is cool, but not enuff. If you want a real game to show off some gorgeous graphics get Nocturne, it makes Drakan look real bad, and Nocturne is a great game too.

Comment

Hmmm, I thought Drakan looked heads and shoulders better than Nocturne. No washed out textures, either. Goes to show that 2 different systems will show two completely different pictures.

Rags

Comment

Driver... yeah

I found Drakan preety good looking (only have the demo, thought) Washed out textures? Where? Tomb Raider 4 - that´s washed out textures.

But the game (demo) that has impressed me most was Battle Zone 2. With everything on max settings, the G400 really shines on that one. The game is so graphical intensive that it´s really the only one until now I must run at 800x600 (32 bit, of course ) to be totally smooth.

Comment

Rags: you have obviously not extensively played Nocturne, because from a graphics standpoint is is far superior to Drakan.

Comment

Hi andrei

I oc my vanilla too to 150/200, but I have "only" a celery 450A. Now, the game is playable at 1024x768x32, but I got spoiled by the absolute smoothness G400 brought to my games, so I prefer 800x600x32. 1024x768x16 also flies, but 16 bit color gives me itches .

Maybe a PIII would give it a boost, but the performance gain from 1024 -> 800 is very noticeable, making me think that the game is much more demanding with the fillrate than with the polygon count.

Comment

Working...
                  X