G400 problems with opengl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 problems with opengl

I just bought the sweeet G400 max and hooked it up...being carefull to follow the uninstall guidelines on the matrox page.

the problem I have is that I cant run Quake2 in opengl...the screen stays black yet its still playing in the backround...I can run it in a window but not fullscreen. I have the same problem with unreal,Quake3 or any other opengl game.

I have installed the latest turbo gl drivers,icd, and updated my motherboard and g400 bios and still won't fix my problem...I'd hate to have to reinstall can anyone help

I tried allot of the fixes mentioned all over this bbs...forced AGPX1, checked my registry for old drivers..so on and so forth and still nothing

system specs
    PIII 500 128meg ram
    Abit Bx6
    dual voodoo2 SLI(could this be the problem)
    win98 SE

Hi Profit
    Try to copy your opengl32.dll, wich is in the windows\system folder, into your Q2, Q3 folder.
    Maybe it works. Did you had an 3dfx card in your system? If yes uninstall the drivers!
    Did you tried to reinstall Quake2?

------------------
    Celeron 300A@450
    Asus P2B,G400 SH 32MB oc@150\200 128MB Cas2 PC100

[This message has been edited by Marco (edited 27 October 1999).]
    PIII 700@933 on Asus P3B-F, GF2 GTS, 512 MB Infineon

Comment

The TurboGL MCD WILL NOT work properly is there is a voodoo card (with it's ICD installed) in the system.

Either delete opengl32.dll from the game directory, and use the regular G400 ICD, or remove the Voodoo2s (and/or ICD).
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks for the info..I'll try that tonight after work

I'd hate to get rid of my voodoo2's theve's outlasted every other videocard I've owned and still rock for playing quake2,tribes, or any other glide opitmized game. I'm just one of those people who cant stop figiting with something unless its working properly.

I'll let you know if it worked...

Comment

Deleting the opengl32.dll file from the game dir seems to have fixed the problem...now and WOW....quake2 flies with the new turbo drivers

Comment

OpenGL32.dll in the game directory WAS the TurboGL MCD. You are now using the regular full ICD (not too bad, huh?)
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I don't think you have to get rid of yer SLI rig. Just it's ICD. Keep it for Glide and "Glide at heart"tm games. Or send it to me so I can!

------------------
              AssuP2B ,iCeleron337, 128megs PC100, G40032megSH, Yamaha PCI sound, 2 small HD's, 42X Sony CDrom and 98SE w/shutdown patch, PD 5.30 w/beta ICD

AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

I had this problem once too. You may want to try setting a different Refresh rate for your 3dfx if you are using those drivers. If its set to OpenGL for the G400 then I'm not sure. But the Refresh rate change in the Diamond Control Panel for the Monster 3D seemed to fix my problem when I got a black Screen during Full screen.
                Also I had this happen to me before the G400.

Comment

I got problems with my g400 and running Quake 2 in open gl as well. Everytime I switch to open gl the screen just freezes and i have to restart my computer! The same is with Quake 3 - as soon as I join a game it just hangs =(

My system:

AMD K6-III 450 MHz
                  128MB PC100 SDRAM
                  Ultra DMA/66, 13.5 GB HD
                  ATX Elite P5VP-A+ Motherboard
                  SB Live! Value
                  Internal PCI 56.6 V90 Modem
                  And of course the G400 Millennium 16MB Simgle head AGP!
                  I also use Windows 98 SE

I do not have a voodoo2 so their isn't a conflict there, there are no IRQ problems and I am running my G400 in AGPX1.

I have downloaded all the latest drivers for the g400 (PD 5.3, ICD Beta, Bios update) and I have also d/led the latest patch for my motherboard. Any idea's as too why I can't run Q2 in OpenGL??

Comment

Working...
                  X