Unreal Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreal Question

I have some strange problems with unreal, everytime I get hit, the screen turns almost entirely black. I play Unreal in D3D and I'm using the latest patch (2.25 or something)

And some other strange thing is that all the movement leave trails over the screen in some levels, and this is only on the G400 because this happend when we played a lan game and my friend (with a Voodoo2) didn't have those errors. (Or could this be a problem of overclocking the G400??) But this isn't a big problem, I kinda like the trippy effect :-)
    But I sure would love to get rid of those Black screens when I get hit.

here are some of my settings i use on the G400, 32bit Zbuffer enabled, Anisotropic filter disabled, Bump mapping disabled, D3D Vsync Disabled, Palletized tex. Disabled, Sub Pixel Disabled (wtf does this do anyway?) and triple buffering enabled.

And another thing that bothers me is the framerate, I was getting much better results on my banshee then on my G400, but that's probably to blame on my Celeron 300A @ 450, I'm getting a P3 as soon as the prizes drop a little.
    System specs: Celeron 300A @ 450Mhz, Abit BH6, 96MB 100Mhz, G400 Vanilla, SBlife, Aopen 6XDVD

Thought I'd let you know that you aren't the only one noticing this effect (the neato texture/object trails). I get the same thing in some places on my P3-450 (o.c. to 558) and my G400Max. I think (actually, I hope) it's a driver issue. I've noticed this since I first downloaded the UT demo (using PD 5.21), and it appears to still be present in 5.30.

------------------
    Ace

[This message has been edited by Ace (edited 27 October 1999).]
    "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
    Gainward Ti4600
    AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Yep same here with unreal in regards to the black screen when you get hit.
      Actually if it was the right colour you would recognise it to be the blood shed of your body (compare image with voodoo2) squirting in all directions. Or maybe it's the pain or red in your eyes whenever you sustain damage...whatever.
      I dont seem to have that prob with UT though.
      Latest 5.30 drivers and DX7 installed.

Comment

Yes!!!I Did it, I fixed it.

I did a little testing with the graphics settings in unreal and found out that if you set SCREENFLASHES to FALSE, the black strangeness dissapears :-)Finaly I can get back to playing this game, Infiltration for Unreal never looked so good before.

Oh yeah, you can find the screenflashes setting in the Advanced options menu, under Display.

But on the other side I discoverd a few new bugs, I can't switch resolutions without crashing unreal and the advanced options menu went dead on me in 640*480 resolution (actualy Unreal didn't minimize, so I couldn't see what I was doing) but this was fixed after restarting in safe mode.

And ofcourse the framerate is unacceptable in any resolution on a celeron 300a @ 450, even in 640*480 I don't get an average above the 30fps

Can't wait to get a P3

System specs: Celeron 300A @ 450Mhz, Abit BH6, 96MB 100Mhz, G400 Vanilla, SBlife, Aopen 6XDVD

Comment

A P3 will definitely solve the framerate problem. It's weird (and kind of discouraging though) to hear that the C450a does that poor with the game. My primary machine at home has a P3-450 (admittedly, o.c. to 558) in it, and everything's smooth. On the other hand, I expected only a minimal overall increase from the 300a (@450) that I replaced with the P3. I kept that for the second box that I've nearly completed.

Oh well. Guess it doesn't matter too much, as the older box will be using a TNT1/V2-12MB combo for it's gaming, and Unreal/UT were designed to run under Glide anyhow.

------------------
          Ace
          "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
          Gainward Ti4600
          AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Working...
          X