G400 Marvel announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 Marvel announced

Read my analysis of the press release : http://idiots-guide.matroxusers.com/news.html

[This message has been edited by This_Idiot (edited 09-24-1999).]

To answer one of TI's questions the DVD sofware is Ravisent's (AKA: Quadrant) Cinemaster. This is much better than Zorans SoftDVD. MUCH better. As in Hell and Gone better. Imagine being able to really multitask while playing a DVD to the preview monitor.

There is more but not for now (G)....

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by DrMordrid (edited 09-24-1999).]

Comment

WOW! Just went to Matrox site and read the info on the G-400 TV. As an RR-S user tried of my old 4 meg card. I am excited. Don't care about Avid as I already own MSP 5.2. Gotta get that new machine so I have AGP.

Comment

Looks like a great card but why O why does Matrox still bundle it with the junky Avid Cinema??? At least they could bundle it with something thats funtional ie. Ulead Video Studio 3 or Ulead MSPRO 5.2VE!!

paulw

Comment

I'm glad to hear this announcement. This means we'll have a new VidTools soon, right?

I wonder if Matrox might be willing to sell the LSX MPEG2 transcoder to G200 Marvel users...?

Comment

New video tools soon? I doubt it....
            They might get around to getting the RRG to work with the G400 under NT4 one day....

------------------
            aka Chris H

Comment

This is great news....like others I have been waiting a while for this. I have read all the documentation and one thing I can't work out is PAL vs NTSC. I'm living in the US at the moment but my home is Australia. My current Marvel BOB let's me attach my PAL Video Camera and play on my NTSC Video or TV. Will I still be able to do this with either the new PAL or NTSC versions of the G400 Marvel or is it now strictly "one or the other"?

Thanks to anybody who can shed some ligth on this.

CRHENDO

Comment

Hi,

I hope I can clear up on the PAL/NTSC stuff. All RR's (RR-S, RR-G, Marvel) have been able to capture from both NTSC and PAL sources, regardless of which "regional" model you bought. The reason for regionalisation is so that you got the right TV-tuner for your local TV standard (apart from UK Marvel owners, who had to pay extra for the privilege).

Many folks here have reported in the past that they have used RR to convert from PAL to NTSC (or vice versa).

Comment

Working...
                X