Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sync problems with G200/RRG when pausing my VCR

Hello everyone out there,

I am having the following problem with a G200 and a RRG both with the latest drivers (5.25/1.50 beta 1):

When I pause my VCR (a Panasonic FS88 SVHS) playback the resulting still frame looks unstable/out of sync/garbled in my monitor
    (in the normal TV it looks OK).
    The playback is perfect though when the it is not paused.
    If I use the pause button on the PC-VCR remote while I'm playing a video from the VCR the still image looks OK too.
    I am using the PAL standard and I connect from the VCR to the RRG with a SVHS cable.
    Anyone is experiencing something like this or has any suggestions to give me?

Thank you all in advance! :-)

Hi Matroxg200,

Generally speaking, when you pause your VCR during playback, the video output signal is not quite the same as the video output signal during playback. There are a number of reasons for this, such as, when a VCR is paused, it is only able to pick up one field of video from the tape, so it has to play some tricks to make that one field into two fields for output to the TV.

Video capture cards such as the Marvel seem to be a lot more sensitive than TVs are to the less than perfect video signal from a paused VCR.

Rick
    http://www.Hogans-Systems.com

Comment

Working...
    X