PDA

View Full Version : P2 300: Is a MAX worth it?

Kenlon
18th October 1999, 02:12
Well, actually, this question is rather irrelevant, as I have bought a MAX already.
(Should be here tommorow. . . WOOHOO!)

But, out of curiosity, how solid will my performance be on an older CPU like mine?
Any tweaks I can do to improve it?

Thanks.

------------------
Kenlon
"I am. All else is negotiable."

[This message has been edited by Kenlon (edited 18 October 1999).]

Petter
20th October 1999, 01:08
HELLO!!!
Im in the same situation as you. My G400 MAX is arriving today (!!!!!!) and im a bit worried that my PII-350, 64Mb RAM i to week. But the biggest issue is that I think I only have 1x AGP-speed and the card needs 2x. You should check this on your motherboard.

linhartm
20th October 1999, 01:34
Hi !

I'm using a P2-300, and have problems getting sufficient framerates when playing GLQUAKE.
I've postet a query here some days ago, and get to the point, i've to upgrade...
Buts this looks like a problem with the ICD for GLQuake. Other games like Unreal Tournament works fine (better say playable).

Michael

Kenlon
20th October 1999, 01:55
Well, the card got here.
I had to buy a new Motherboard, but that's okay. http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/smile.gif

The biggest change I've noticed is that everything is much sharper and more clear.
(I can read text on walls in various FPS's.)

Definately worth the money.

------------------
Kenlon
"I am. All else is negotiable."

Petter
21st October 1999, 11:00
YYYEEESSSSS!!!
It has arrived!!!!
My G400 MAX!!!!
Yesterday I spended about 7 hours and tested the beauty. And I was happy... really really happy. In fact so happy that I am not in school today.
It totally rules!
Even if I only have a P2-350, 64Mb RAM, everything looks absolutely beautiful.
Today i played NHL2000 on my SONY triniton TV in 1024x768 whith every feature on and it looked much better than any console-station (including Dreamcast)
There was no problem whith me only havin a 1x AGP-speed, but of course it will gain performence if you have one.
This card rocks!!!!
I love it...

------------------

Bohrn
21st October 1999, 21:34
See other posts about this topic for more on this topic. But yea, my celery 337 runs it fine. I got 128 megs tho, so less page swappin.

------------------
AssuP2B ,iCeleron337, 128megs PC100, G40032megSH, Yamaha PCI sound, 2 small HD's, 42X Sony CDrom and 98SE w/shutdown patch, PD 5.30 w/beta ICD