Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mjpeg->mjpeg in premiere

Hi all:

I've asked this before, with no answer. Someone must have tried this for sure! I have a Matrox G400+ RR G card. Any mjpeg clip that I first capture with my RR and then try to edit in premiere gets corrupted when I regenerate the clip. Simple example is clip A with a transition to clip B, generated in clip C. If clip C is saved as mjpeg, it's corrupted (still image), but works ok with any other codec (mpeg, indeo, etc). Anybody can help me or tell me if their combination of G400 and RR+G gives them this problem as well?

Thanks.
    ---
    Pat

Are your field options set to field B?

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Several questions to qualify the problem:

1.In Premiere, make corrupted clip and check the data rate with "Get properties".

If you detect frames with very large size, >128 KB, this may be a problem.

2. Try to render in No frames mode (fullsize frame in 4.2 version).

3. If you get problem with particular transition, try to detect what transition gives you corrupted file.

4. Try to make the same file with say Morgan codec and then change the FourCC code to Matrox and see if file is playable.

5. Find Mplayer.exe program in your Windows directory. Run it and load the file. Or, right click the file, choose Properties and Preview. Do you see correct movie in preview window?

6. Change the screen mode to 24 bit and try to play the file. In this case, only software MJPEG codec from Matrox is used. Is the movie still corrupted?

Grigory

Comment

Thanks for your answers guys.

DrMordrid: I'm not sure I understand what you mean?

Grigory: I'm currently at work but will try what you said as soon as I get home tonight.
        One thing for sure is that it is not a transition problem. The most basic thing I can do lead me to think it's the coded itself or the way premiere talks to it. I just take a mjpeg clip, and re-render it in premiere using the matrox mjpeg codec, it becomes corrupted... Very strange.

On the other hand, if I take this same mjpeg, render it as an mpeg, or take an mpeg file and render it as a mjpeg file, it works.

The problem seems to be going from mjpeg to mjpeg only... A mix of 2 clips (clip A mjpeg and clip b mpeg) rendered as mjpeg will give me garbage for the part that was originally mjpeg but will be ok for the part that is mpeg... AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! ;-) I need to do my wedding video before my wife files for divorce!

Anyway, i'll get back with more details.
        ---
        Pat

Comment

***** UPDATE ******

Well after some tests last night, it seems that I need to use the deinterlace all option for each mjpeg clip before rendering it again... Ah well... I guess I can be dumb sometimes, but could anybody explain me why not deinterlacing the clip would corrupt it?

Thanks to all.
          ---
          Pat

Comment

Working...
          X