Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have this annoying new bug in TFC, anyone else seeing it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have this annoying new bug in TFC, anyone else seeing it?

When I hold down tab to view the players and the ping times, all I see are blocks No letters. They are all just blocked out. I actually highly depend on this tremendously. Anyone else seen this or have I just been away from the forums to long and this is old news?

Thanks!

------------------
    It's almost all about two things:

1. Attitude
    2. Children

Everything else is just an added bonus

~David Hilliard~
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

I twould probably help if I mentioned an ounce of system specs

Asus P5A, K6-2 400
    196MB
    13.2GB UDMA 66 Quantum
    Mystique G200 5.30 drivers
    SBLive!
    3com nic(XL)
    Intel Video Capture card
    250MB Zip drive
    Samsung DVD

This problem appeared sometime after the 5.21 drivers, I think? hehe, it's been awhile since I paid attention.

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Hi Helevitia,

I've had the same problem with the G200 5.30 drivers and HL TFC when I played it in D3D. After changing graphic mode to OpenGL everything was readable again...so try to switch to OpenGL if you're using D3D in TFC, it will most probably fix your problem too!

greetings
      NoClue

Comment

Yeah- I only experience that through D3D... kinda weird... huh? You have no idea, who your playing, whos winning, or what your latency is.... it does this@ every resolution i try with my G200 and the 5.25 drivers.... OpenGL should work good for you.

a digital display of evolution
        (G200 with aid of Diamond Monster 3D II-SLI)

Comment

Thanks for the replys.

------------------
          It's almost all about two things:

1. Attitude
          2. Children

Everything else is just an added bonus

~David Hilliard~

Comment

I have the same problem with D3D. I've switched to OpenGL. The bad news is bus mastering doesn't work for me with 5.30 and OpenGL doesn't work without it. I've switched back to 5.25 and everything works fine.

Comment

I'll chime in with a "me too" response. Same block letters in D3D (even had to ask a TFC team mate to tel me my score during a game once). Switched to OpenGL and eveything was fine. I'm pretty sure the blocks showed up with 5.25 though.
              Still waiting for the movers to deliver my signature from the old board.

Comment

Working...
              X