G400 and Rainbow Runner G?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 and Rainbow Runner G?

Yes, the RR-G will work with any dual-head G400 card, but only with beta drivers, and only under Win95/98 (i.e not NT).

The Marvel G400 is due out soon (October or November), as is the RT2000, although that might be a while longer and will also cost £999(GB). The RT2000 also comes with a modified G400 card.

------------------
    aka Chris H

G400 and Rainbow Runner G?

Hi! I want to know if a G400 32Mb DualHead 300Mhz works with the standard Rainbow Runner G-series card?
    I don't understand what they mean on the Matrox.com site. Seems there should be updates for drivers and such, but only beta versions as far as I can see.
    Also, does anyone know if Adobe Premiere works with RR-G?
    I've heard rumors about a new editing card for the G400, is it better to wait for that or would the RR-G still be good?

Hope someone out there knows.
    Thanks for your time.

/ Jinks

Comment

On the CD-ROM that comes with the card, they've put the settings of the RR-G for Adobe premiere 4.2 and 5.0; so it should work with it.

G400 and RR-G does work, after uninstalling the G400 software and putting the beta version on it. For the RR-G you need to use the beta also, I've tried it and it does work. Be sure to uninstall all matrox drivers properly, use the uninstall utility they deliver on their site too.

Regards;
      Luc

Comment

I uses RRG series + G400 DH 32Mo for a month and no problems with W98 (5.25(not recomanded by matrox???) + video tools 1.5).

I didn't try on WinNT 4.0 but matrox said that it works... (i thinks I try this next weekend... ;-) )

I try RGG series + G400 on Windows 2000 RC2 with NT drivers 4.22 & beta2 video tools 1.23.
        The PC-VCR don't works :-( (NoTV...) but the Codecs Mjpeg works on premiere 5.0 and After FX 4.0. (and other software...).

So... Just a stable driver for W2000 needs... for dualhead :-(

Comment

Working...
        X