Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't see water in Heavy Gear II at 32 bit color

Hi,

I can't see water in Heavy Gear II when I play at 32-bit color (at 1600 by 1200, smoooooooth!). I'm using G400Max, PD 5.30, PIII at 504 MHz, etc. I can see the water OK at 16-bit color.

Is this a known problem? Any suggestions for a fix (aside from playing at 16-bit!)?

Thanks, John

Known problem!
    Use 16bit or play mechwarrior 3... ;-)

Micko,

Comment

Do what i do "Pretend that there is water"
      I am into this game .. Robots on Roller skates.... This game never sold. It was a big flop for activision. Anytime you have a difficult control set and the game makes you use your mind it never sell much. Like Battlezone.

------------------
      PIII-450@504, 128 HDSRAM, Asus P3BF, G400/32, SBLive!, Nokia 447Xi 17", oh yea, a nice floppy drive

Comment

BattleZone was bad marketed, but it was one of the most bundled games in the history! That's why everybody have heard of it.

And, it was from that game I got my Quake3/first person shooter control-setup from. I just digged it from the first moment. The missionpack addon however, sucks. The folks briefing you and chatting over radio got NO ACTING SKILLS whatsoever. It's just awful to listen to.

Comment

We all agree on Battlezone. I really liked that game - one of the few that I've actually played all the way through. Battlezone II Demo looks great, but what do you think the likelihood is that they'll ever finish it? If they do I'll buy it.

Too bad about the poor sales HeavyGear II too. Aside from everyone complaining about the controls (me included!!), it has consistently gotten excellent reviews.

John

------------------
          ------------------------

PIII450 => 504 MHz, Asus P2B, G400MAX, PD 5.30, Aureal 2500 Vortex2, Adaptec AHA-2940UW and Fireport40 Dual UW SCSI controllers, etc.

Comment

Heavy Gear 2 deserves better. This thing puts the smack down on Mechwarrior 3. Watching rockets fly outta your little backpack in 3rd person view is just TOO neat.

------------------
            The Rock
            "Discourage incest - ban country music NOW!"

System:
            P2 350 /w Asus P2B /w 128 Meg PC100 SDRAM
            17.2Gig Maxtor DiamondMax HD + 6.4Gig Fujitsu HD
            Matrox G400 32Meg + SB PCI 128 Sound
            Modem Blaster 56K Modem + Panasonic 2x/4x SCSI Toaster + 32X CD-ROM

Bart

Comment

"BattleZone was bad marketed, but it was one of the most bundled games in the history! That's why everybody have heard of it."

Tell me HOW this stament makes any sense?

heheh

------------------
              PIII-450@504, 128 HDSRAM, Asus P3BF, G400/32, SBLive!, Nokia 447Xi 17", oh yea, a nice floppy drive

Comment

Working...
              X