Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gasworks map for Half-Life

Ok, the G400 MAX looks gorgeous, BUT...

I can't see everywhere underwater on the multiplayer map named Gasworks (comes with the Game of the Year edition).

My V2 SLI rig can see everywhere underwater just fine - gamma's tweaked out the ying yang. I tweaked the gamma using Kruzin's suggestions, but I still can't see everywhere underwater.

I realize that the level is supposed to be shadowed like this, but I'm getting sniped pretty bad underwater, and I'm not happy. :-)

Anyone have any suggestions?

------------------
    Primary System: PIII-540 (450@4.5x120), Soyo 6BA+ III, 2x128MB PC100 ECC SDRAM CAS2, G400 MAX in multi-monitor mode. V2 SLI rig. Two Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 900u monitors, 3Com 3C905, SoundBlaster Live!, DeskTop Theater DTT2500 DIGITAL Speaker System (Sweeeeeet!), 2nd Parallel Port, WD AC41800 18GB HD, WD AC310100 10GB HD, Toshiba SD-M1212 6x DVD-ROM, HP 8100i CD-RW, Epson Stylus Pro, Sharp JX-9400 LJ-II compatible, OptiUPS PowerES 650, MS SideWinder Precision Pro USB joystick, Logitech 3-button mouse, Mitsumi keyboard, Win98 SE, Belkin OmniCube 4-port KVM, 10/100 5-port Linksys Ethernet switch (30~40MB/min under Win98SE)

Secondary System: PII-266, Asus P2B BIOS 1008, 1x128MB PC100 ECC SDRAM CAS2, Millennium II, 3Com 3C590, ADSL Modem 640kbit down/90kbit up, 3Com 3C509, Mylex BT-930 SCSI card, Seagate 2GB Hawk, NEC 6x CD-ROM, Linux distro S.u.S.E. 6.1 (IP Masquerade works!)

Tertiary System: DFI G568IPC Intel 430HX chipset, P200MMX, 4x64MB EDO Parity RAM, Millennium II, Intel Pro/100+ client NIC, SoundBlaster 16 MCD, Fujitsu 3.5GB HD, WD 1.2GB HD, Creative Dxr3 DVD decoder card, Hitachi GD-2500 6x DVD-ROM, Win98 SE

All specs subject to change.

The pessimist says: "The glass is half empty."
    The optimist says: "The glass is half full."
    The engineer says: "I put half of my water in a redundant glass."

I LOVE Gasworks. When I play DM, that's the first map I look for every time (that or Datacore)

Do you mean you can't see underwater period, or that there are dark areas? That is a dark area on that map, and some of the spots (especially next to the pillars) get pretty dark.

The gamma setting can be bightened more....in fact, at this weekends LAN party, I got more than a couple comments on how "dark" my game looked (I run it at 3, and it can go as high as 4...seems more realistic to me)...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I can see underwater.

With the V2 SLI rig, I can see EVERYTHING under water - if someone's hiding in the dark corners, I can see them.

With the G400, if someone decides to use the crossbow from the dark corners of the water, I cannot see them - they go as black as the darkness in the corners.

I have tried tweaking the gamma and the brightness, with no positive results.

Guess I'll have to stick HL in a window and work on it with the console command list.

Comment

I pumped up the overall gamma for the display from PowerDesk. That fixed it.

Comment

Working...
        X