Rollcage 32 bit color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rollcage 32 bit color?

The Rollcage demo worked perfectly in 32 bit color on my G400 MAX. The full game will only use 16 bit color, though, which is VERY ugly. There is a pop up window when you start the game that allows you to set resolution and colordepth, and these settings were stored by the demo. The full game will only store the selected resolution and ignores the color depth. Seems to me as if Rollcage won't recognize the MAX as a card capable of 32 bit 3D.

Any help/thoughts would be appreciated.

BTW, my system specs:

P2-450
    BV-601 Motherboard
    128 Mb RAM
    G400 MAX
    SB LIVE Value
    Toshiba DVD-ROM
    Philips CD-RW 400

and a pair of 12 MB Voodoo 2's in a pile next to the computer...

I have the same problem, did a whole run around with tech support on that issue and several others.

Basically, they said put the desktop in 32 bit mode before playing, but I can't see any difference, the sky still looks like crap.

What I noticed:

1. You lose the tunnel echo in the retail game vs the demo, but quad speaker mode doesn't have the stuttering.

2. Demo has antialiasing support, retail game doesn't. I wanted this to slow the game down a bit.

3. Joystick acceleration using the stick up direction won't work, you have to waste a button on the stick to move and lose any analog[ue] control over acceleration.

4. The actual game is too fast to play due to the removed features and no options to add them back in. I can understand having a speed mode for slow cpus, but removing the options for people with faster machines sucks.

About the only thing I got from them is that everything is supposed to work, and no they don't have any information. Placebo tech support. No upcoming patches, no list of joysticks that are supposed to work, although I asked 3 times, basically too luck sucker we have your money see ya. Forget the sequel, even if it does support EMBM.

Comment

You guys wanto re-install win98. it helps...

anyway, it works well here and I play at 1024x23. I can undestand you wanto speed the game down a bit if you sit there with an analogue joystick! That game is not made for anything analogue whatsoever. It's a converted Playstation game, and they have gamepads! If you wanna steer that jumpy flea analogically, you loose much needed gameplay to get that car to the finishing line.

I use my sidewinder freestyle pro in digital mode. I get fast response and can recover speedy after a crash. Also, I put everything at normal, and then the game goes as fast as it is meant to go. And everything gets more intense and fun.

Just my 2 cent

Oh and I can't wait for rollcage 2 with EMBM

Thanks + Best Regards
      Fish

Comment

Working...
      X