EMBM in patched Drakan - BAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMBM in patched Drakan - BAD!

I wouldn't bother. Draken's bump-mapping ain't that good anyway and it still crashes with the patch (on my rig anyway).

One of the thing that might help with the crashing is disabling 3D sound buffers in the engine options.

------------------
    Chris Blake

Epox MVP3G5, K6III450, 192Mb RAM, G400Max DH, SBLive! Value and whole load of other stuff
    Chris Blake

Drakan has not crashed once on me since I installed the patch (with EMBM and 3d sound enabled), and it runs at very good speeds...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Hey Kruzin

I get strange flashing textures on the bits of the barrels and crates that fly about after you smash them. Do you see anything like this on your non-crashing version?

------------------
      Chris Blake

Epox MVP3G5, K6III450, 192Mb RAM, G400Max DH, SBLive! Value and whole load of other stuff
      Chris Blake

Comment

The flashing barrels are fixed in the 5.30 drivers. I used to see them, but not any more. When they release 5.30, get them, and this problem will go away...

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

EMBM in patched Drakan - BAD!

Just got my G400 (bear w/me) and ran it w/Drakan - ran ok but EMBM on made it crash back to desktop (apparently). So I went and got the Drakan patch. Now EMBM makes it UNPLAYABLE when the dragon is visible - it looks like the dragon is made up of bricks or something and slows to a creep. How to fix?

Comment

And so they did. But Drakan still crashes "randomly". It's quite rare, but it makes me a little tense. guess I'll have to reinstall win98 again... (ya, I've always used matrox uninstallation procedure since I last installed win98. and that was last week )

Comment

I also did not get any more crashes after installing the latest patch...

Comment

Nope, there's definitely still a problem with Drakan EVBM, though it's not a showstopper.

At the end of the Grimstone Mines level you have to fight another dragon. If it hits you with its breath you get frozen and fall to earth, where you shatter upon impact.

Soon as you hit the ground with EVBM on, desktop time! With EVBM off it's fine. This is the only place I've seen Drakan crash since upgrading to the 5.30 drivers (though I haven't finished it yet ).

Anyone else getting this?

------------------
                Chris Blake

Chris Blake

Comment

Really? With me it crashes more like "randomly". I can reproduce the exact crash by loading the last game and walking/looking the same direction as I did when it crashed. However, If I look downwards or walk backways i.e. through the same passageway, it don't crash. This is what I'd have to do to get on with the game.

Oh, and this is regardless what 3DFX settings I have enabled (EMBM, dithering, high detail, resolution etc etc. ALL settings has been tested.)

[This message has been edited by tish beta2 (edited 13 October 1999).]

Comment

Working...
                  X