No announcement yet.

Sigh... Half Life & G400 AGAIN.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sigh... Half Life & G400 AGAIN.........

I wish I did'nt have to be such a nag....... Half Life and G400 5.30 & TurboGL problems.....

Half Life boots as per normal...... but after awhile the whole game's graphics screw IN THE MAIN MENU!!!

Then..... the cpu hangs and I have to scan for lost clusters

I dunno, is it the TurboGL or the 5.30? HL worked fine when in the 5.25 version with the icdg400.dll beta. I tried almost everything including almost totally destroying the autoexec.cfg such that it ONLY contains gl_texsort "1" and gl_overbright "1" in it So....... any suggestions?

My CPU: PIII 500 Mhz (no oc)
    SB Live (Full)
    Millenium G400 32 mb DH (no MAX)
    256 mb SDRam (No ECC)
    ABit BE-6 mb
    17 GB Seagate ATA 66 HDD
    SoundWorks FPS 2000
    US Robotics modem
    40x NEC CD-Rom
    17" Philips 107MB monitor

--Everyone wants a snarky... ...YEAH RIGHT--

The problem you described earlier is the good old lockup, which can definitely be caused by HEAT. As I understand you have nothing overclocked in your system, but looking at your system specs I see you HD is quite a biggie, and I assume it runs at above 7200 RPM. What I would recommend is first adding some extra cooling to that HD, as they get REALLY hot... If you say you have some bad sectors on the HD, it could definitely be it.

Hope it helps!

Comment

Hmz..... Maybe so, but I believe that its the driver version which is the problem, because nothing went wrong the last 1035839 times I tried it

------------------
      SB Live (Full)
      256 mb SDRam (No ECC)
      ABit BE-6 mb
      17 GB Seagate ATA 66 HDD
      SoundWorks FPS 2000
      US Robotics modem
      40x NEC CD-Rom

Comment

Did you completely unistall the old drivers using this prosedure?

http://www.matrox.com/mga/tech_supp/..._uninstall.htm

PS. Hey who turned off the HTML codes?! ¤#"%#¤&"%

[This message has been edited by tish beta2 (edited 10-10-1999).]

Comment

Yes... I've re-installed it to make sure but still nothing!

Update of problems--- now several things happen with HL. Here are what I've experienced:
          1) Screen garbles up in menu...... strange 'scan line' thingies appear and freeze the whole cpu.
          2) Game/system hangs while on the 'Loading' or the 'Initializing' screen.
          3) Finally get into the game, only to have the same problem as (1)--strange 'scan line' thingies appear and freeze the whole cpu.

I was wondering if it was because of the older G400ICD.dll I got before. I'm going all out to get this program to work, so please bear with my stupid questions.

Firstly, do I have to delete/remove/terminate the G400ICD.dll for things to work properly? (I was wondering if there was a clash in software somehow)

Secondly, someone please tell me exactly you configure your Half Life for TurboGL-- i.e., for example, in Video Modes, do you go to Default in OpenGL or what?

Waiting for a reply... thx

------------------
          SB Live (Full)
          256 mb SDRam (No ECC)
          ABit BE-6 mb
          17 GB Seagate ATA 66 HDD
          SoundWorks FPS 2000
          US Robotics modem
          40x NEC CD-Rom

Comment

One thing that I noticed with Half Life and TurboGL is that it didn't like strange resolutions. I tried using Default OpenGL with a resolution of 1152x862 (or whatever comes after 1024x768) and I experienced the same loading problems that Snark had. 1024x768 runs great. I've also noticed that the more apps you have running in the background, the more chance of Half Life crashing. I usually do a reboot and shut down all background apps that I don't need.

------------------
            Pentium II 350MHz, 128MB RAM ,10GB + 850 MB Driver, Samsung DVD, Diamond Monster Sound II, and of course a G400 32MB DH (O/C 200/150)

Pentium III 500MHz, 128MB RAM ,10GB + 850 MB Driver, Samsung DVD, Diamond Monster Sound II, and of course a G400 32MB DH (O/C 200/150)
            blah blah blah

Comment

Working...
            X