Homeworld and SB Live!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeworld and SB Live!

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone else has had my problem.

Homework just would not load...not until my SB live value is disabled in hardware.

SB live causes an error in binkw32.dll and just kicks me back to desktop...

Any help would be appreciated.

Green
    It's not a typo...it's probably corrupt graphics generated by your overclocked video card...

Is it just Homeworld that can't run? Or practically all other 3D games don't run?

Make sure you've the latest drivers for all your hardware.

My SBLive value and G400 don't work well with many, many 3D games, including Draken, Half-Life, Quake 3, etc. They are unstable and freeze after a few sec/min. The symptoms are always the same. The frame freezes and the sound loops infinitely. Only way out is a reset. So I've taken out my SBLive and put in an AWE64, works fine now.

Some people have this problem, some don't. It's a weird problem.

Comment

Okay...I've determined it to be my SB live that's causing the problems because the game loads fine if I disable th SB live in hardware. I've tried to put it in other PCI slots and thus changing the IRQ it'susing...that doesn't seem to work either.

I have a BH6 and I can prety much control the IRQ the SB live uses...it just doesn;t want to run...I've tried other versons of Live Ware (2.0 and 2.1) But it's no use...I'm anout to give up on it and maybe go and get me another soundcard!

Green
      It's not a typo...it's probably corrupt graphics generated by your overclocked video card...

Comment

I had the same problem with Microsoft International Football (game freezes and sound loops). I fixed it last night by installing Win98 fresh, and installing the Sound Blaster Live! drivers from it's own CD. What was causing the problem was Live!ware 2.0 I had on my machine. If you avoid installing it and go with the plain vanilla drivers, you should be able to fix the problem.

Good luck!

------------------

Comment

Working...
        X