Quake3 is kickin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake3 is kickin

After installing the turboGL driver I am getting a minimum of 35 FPS where before i was getting a maximum of 15 FPS. Not getting into what settings are what or what system i have, I am just very pleased with the increase.
    Now the readme file says the turboGL also helps Unreal, However it did not auto-detect Unreal-Tournament on my computer, I placed the turbo "opengl32.dll" in the u-t system directory and it just stopped..
    Personally I think Q3arena test [and i know its just a test damnit], has a whole hell of a long way to go to even come close to UT. There is just something about OpenGl over D3D that i cant quite put my finger on. It definately is not that the graphics are better, it is kinda like a more of a 3D feeling to it. Maybe this is just me, anyone else feel this way?,

Just a rambling, Any replies to this thread can make as little sence as it did.:-)
    [got to learn them smilley faces.]
    Thanks'

------------------
    BuGGz
    ASUS P2B
    P3-450 clocked at 600 (4.5x133)
    Matrox G400 Max
    Sound Blaster Live Value
    128 megs PC100 sdram
    Winderz 98

I know whatcha mean. UT looks kinda dirty, while q3 looks like it got more quality... And the control lag is much better in Q3.

With the old beta ICD I played at 1024, but now with the TGL I play at 800x600. 800 and 1024 had mostly the same FPS but now when I can get 60fps in 800 with normal settings... Ya, the slowdowns are much less slow now

to put up a smileye, just use kolon and parenthesis

:-o
    :-)
    :-(
    :-D

Comment

Thanks

------------------
      BuGGz
      ASUS P2B
      P3-450 clocked at 600 (4.5x133)
      Matrox G400 Max