Which setup should I go with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which setup should I go with?

I'm new to the world of video capture/editing, but I need to capture my hi-8 tapes to the pc. A friend turned me on to the Matrox line, but I'm not sure what to get. Should I purchase the Marvel G200 or will the G400 and RR accomplish the same thing? Am I making a mistake either way?

IMHO I'd go with the G400 and RR-G combination. This way you get a better software package than with the Marvel (MSPro VE vs. Avid Cinema (yech!)). Also you have the option of using a G400 MAX if gaming is a big issue.

The G400/RR-G combo uses two slots: the AGP and a PCI, but only one IRQ is used.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Or you could go for the G400 Marvel (nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more)

Comment

Just after writing that last reply I suddenly remembered the Lumberjack Song and it really made me chuckle.

Have any of you Canadians heard it (Matrox TS or Patrick)? I'm sure you must of done, Monty Python are one of our major exports.

I guess you might find it offensive, it depends whether you mind the p*** being taken out of your fellow countrymen I guess.

Comment

Scott,

Your wife, bit of a sport is she ? (say no more)

Comment

Wife Eh!!! You were lucky!! When I were a lad.............

Pooh
            ASUS P4S533, P4 2.53Ghz, 1.25Gb PC2700, 40Gb System HD 120Gb AV HD, WinXp Pro

Comment

Scott, yeah most Canadians are familiar with British "humour". We probably see a lot more of it than our American neighbors do. Years (and years) ago I used to enjoy Doctor In The House. Of course, if I'm really desperate for entertainment, Benny Hill reruns are still on.

Comment

Doctor In The House Eh, those were the days. Now Benny Hill. That really is classic british comedy.

Comment

Judging by the amount of bump mapped figures in his show, he was probably one of the first Matrox betatesters

Pertti

Comment

Working...
                  X