Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R0M? GLQuake & dark textures

r0m,
    Why are the textures so dark in GLQuake?
    I made it playable with IDGama but it looks pretty bad.
    I can't see you all spending too much time on such an old game, but I am curious.
    thanks,
    chuck

------------------
    ABit BH6 w/ Celery 333@500, 128mb gh@cas2, 10gb IBM@7200, SB Live Value@44kh, noname CDRom@40x, Mitsumi CDRW@2x2x8, Zoom@56k, Princeton EO75@1024x768x32x85hz, USB mouse,Matrox G400 MAX!!!!

Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

ROM don't live here anymore it seems, he never answers these days

Comment

Try just turning up the brightness in Powerdesk. It should help.

-Wombat
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Hi Chuck,

goto the console and fiddle with 'gl_gamma' and/or 'gl_ext_gamma' ... at least that works in Q2.

For a quick check, just type in the above commands without a value and hit enter, than you should get a read out of the actual settings ...

------------------
        Cheerio,
        Maggi
        Millenium G400 32MB DH
        Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
        Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
        be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
        4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
        2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
        OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
        4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
        Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
        Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
        LG BH10LS38
        LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Hi Guys,
          I think the problem is that GLQuake was written exclusively for the VooDoo 1 texture engine and it's GL -> Glide wrapper.
          I was just wondering what specificly made it so dark on most other cards.

R0M probably got tired of having rocks thrown at him in here. He was maintaining a list of present & future game fixes here.

Maggi, GLQuake does not support those commands. I don't think the author had anything very sophisticated in mind when he wrote it.

chuck

------------------
          ABit BH6 w/ Celery 333@500, 128mb gh@cas2, 10gb IBM@7200, SB Live Value@44kh, noname CDRom@40x, Mitsumi CDRW@2x2x8, Zoom@56k, Princeton EO75@1024x768x32x85hz, USB mouse,Matrox G400 MAX!!!!

Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

As wombat pointed out the best solution is to turn the RGB ( all the way! ) in Powerdesk up when playing quakeworld ( this however only works in 95/09 not in NT4 ). An annyoing solution but it is the only one that gives a decent result without making the game look "****ed up" remember you have to turn it back when you are finished.
            You can try turning the monitor brightness up to, but thats ( on most monitors ) and extremly slow in compare to the powerdesk.

we can only hope that matrox will make the "turboGL" a "tad" brighter in all the ID games.

Comment

Working...
            X