OpenGL not available for Dual-head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenGL not available for Dual-head?

I've seen a couple of posts here saying that OpenGL doesn't work or is turned off when you use the Dual-head feature of the G400. Is this true?

I bought my G400 specifically so I could play games on my big scary TV, but even with game patches, a bios update, and several G400 driver updates, most of my games are unplayable due to crashing, terrible frame rates, or severe texture problems.

Can anyone provide more insight into this issue? I can't imagine why they'd implement a feature in that manner. I'm using the Dual-head clone option, without a monitor, with my TV connected to the secondary output of the G400. The Win98 OpenGL screensavers seem to work fine, so this doesn't make sense to me.

-shinma

[This message has been edited by shinma (edited 10-01-1999).]

OpenGl works fine with clone mode. These post were refering about multimonitor and Ogl. Ogl will not work with multimonitor.

most of my games are unplayable due to crashing, terrible frame rates, or severe texture problems.
    Can you be a little more specific? Which games? D3D or Ogl? Wich drivers? System specs? With dual-head clone enabled or disabled?

All my games work fine (apart from an annoying table fog bug in drivers 5.2x that keeps crashing my pc in TOCA2)

Comment

Can you be a little more specific? Which games? D3D or Ogl? Wich drivers? System specs? With dual-head clone enabled or disabled?
      At this point, I'm using the 5.25 drivers (tried with and without the bate ICD - no real difference that I could see), dual-head clone mode on my TV (no monitor attached), on a PIII/550, 256MB RAM, Asus P3-B, dual 20G Ultra ATA drives, Diamond Monster Sound II (MX300), 100base 3Com ethernet, 40x CD-Rom, and a Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse setup.

Currently, Quake 3 and UT are cranking in D3D, Tribes SUCKS (but I'd bet that's just Tribes), and most other games (Drakan - even after the patch - ARGH!, Tomb Raider III, some others I can't remember) crash to the desktop.

With Drakan, I can load (sometimes) earlier saves, but there are bizarre texturing problems after a while, and my most recent save just crashes out. Killer frame rate at 1024x768/32-bit/etc. though... heheh.

Losing my mind here - I REALLY wanna continue with Drakan. I notice a lot of OpenGL screen savers will run for a while, but eventually lock the machine HARD, and some even flicker (Voodoo Lights, for one).

-shinma

Comment

shinma,
        Q3 is OGL only so both D3D and OGL are working on your machine.
        If you have a max make sure the fan is working.
        Also list everything about your hardware, drivers, os etc.
        chuck

------------------
        ABit BH6 w/ Celery 333@500, 128mb gh@cas2, 10gb IBM@7200, SB Live Value@44kh, noname CDRom@40x, Mitsumi CDRW@2x2x8, Zoom@56k, Princeton EO75@1024x768x32x85hz, USB mouse,Matrox G400 MAX!!!!

Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
        X