Missing Reg Entries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Reg Entries

My G400MAX is working fine, even the tech demo. However I notice the posts about forcing AGPX1 and Bumpmapping via the reg hacks.

Errr.. I don't have the entries listed in my registry ie.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Class\Display\0000\Settings\CPU]
    "AGPFlags"="0"

and

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Class\Display\0000\Settings\DirectX]
    "BumpFiltering"="1"

I have checked all the entries ie 0000, 0001, 0002 etc but there is no BumpFiltering or AGPFlags key ??? for the G400.

Yet everything is working fine, should I worry ?

By the way the game I have tried so far and all work perfectly are:

AVP
    Kingpin
    Rollcage
    Drakan (Yes I do notice the bump mapping)
    Star Wars Pod Racer
    Re-Volt
    Unreal D3D
    Midtown madness
    Shogo

Played all for several hours no lockups and all faster than the VoodooII still in my system. (I do a driver switch to compare speed).

BUT how th e heel do you get Expendable that came with the card to work, it just drops straight into the desktop. I borrowed expendable from a friend, (the retail version), and that works fine ?.

The DVDMax is very very good quality, the re-badged cinemaster does the best job I have seen yet. before I was using G200 with TV out for DVD, now the G400 DVDMax shows me have poor the qulity used to be.

PIII 450
    Abit BH6
    128M RAM
    10.GB Quantum
    Aopen 9436 DVD Drive
    Happauge WinTV/Radio card
    Metabyte VoodooII 12MB
    G400 MAX
    19" Belina Monitor
    Sound Blaster Live Value
    Cambridge Surround Speakers

no sweat

when the entry isn't there, it wasn't changed, thus it is set to default.

------------------
    Cheerio,
    Maggi
    Millenium G400 32MB DH
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

I'd like to know who found the current reg hack settings and where they got the information. Has anybody confirmed that they actually work? How about what they actually do? Bump filtering for instance, what is that?

Comment

I am also having the (seemingly usual) problems with my G400 (16mB, oem), particularly with Q2 and Matrox tech demo. Q2 runs sometimes for hours and other times crashes continuously, tech demo runs for about 10 secs before locking up.

The intersting thing with Q2 is that once up and running, it will work perfectly (run demos, game play) for hours, but on the 3rd rentry into the game (usually after having shut down and come back into it the following night), it hangs after only a minute or less, requiring a reboot. Crashes also occur in software mode so it is not an opengl problem, although I have had my share of those. This usaually then requires the Q2 config file to be deleted, Q2 default settings are than invoked, I than reset up all of the parameters and it seems in most cases to work again?!?! I haven't managed to exactly pin down the sequence of events that seems to bring Q2 back up , but restarting Q2 with default setting has worked work.

I am going to try to set my AGP to 1x and see whether that helps, can anyone tell me what the reg settings are?

Computer homebuilt Cel 466 (@466) Asus P99B ZX m/b, 128 mmB ram, G400 16mB, PD 5.25, direct X 6.1, NO opengl beta ICD, Win98 with OS1.

If anyone has any other ideas WRT intermittant crashes / Matrox tech demo not running, please let me know.

regards

rmw

Conclusion to above, forced AGP x1 using Reg Hacks from Matrox Users Downloads. previous setting AGP fall back x1, forced AGP x1 and now all seems okay.

My thanx to all Matrox Users Forum contributers who have made this such a good site for matrox card owners, particluarly when it comes to solving (the many) problems that seem to occur with these cards. Are these cards worth the hassle? hard to say but the once working properly the graphics qulaity in 2D/3D is very good, and that is worth something.

[This message has been edited by RMW (edited 10-06-1999).]

Comment

Working...
        X