HELP! Marvel G200 fried??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Marvel G200 fried??

This really sucks, i was watching a DVD, and suddenly POOF! screen freezes, naturally i reboot, but to find no video. I get a series of BIOS beeps, indicating my video card is not there. So i try re seating it, no luck, tried it in a friends computers, same error. I am guess the card somehow fried? Does my warrenty with matrox cover this? and if it does how do i go about getting tihs fixed? Thanks so much in advance!

Neptunus

Could be Marvel, could be your mother board. Did you smell smoke or "hot" when it happened? If so, examine Marvel and m/b carefully to see whether you have a grilled component (may just be a yellowish or brownish halo on the printed circuit round a component). If so, there is a fairish chance this is where your problem is (but it could be contagious and expensive). Could even be your Power Supply Unit losing one voltage, probably a negative one -- these are notoriously weak. Get your DVM out (or get a knowledgeable friend to do it, if you don't know how) and check that all the voltages are within tolerance (see mother board doc for values).

If your Marvel is still under guarantee, contact your nearest Matrox Service Centre and get a return no. and it will be replaced if it is faulty, but check that it is (assuming no grilled components), first, by swapping the graphics card with another computer and seeing what works with what. If there is visible damage, do NOT put it in another computer. Under these circumstances, just try another graphics card in yours, to make sure the m/b and PSU are OK.

Hope this helps.

------------------
    Brian (the terrible)

Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
    X