Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommended UT settings for a P3-450 (G400 Max)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended UT settings for a P3-450 (G400 Max)

Hi,

Here are my recommended setting for playing Unreal Tounnament with the best visual quality and speed.

I recommend that the desktop is set to 1024x768 16 bit. Turn off 32 bit z-buffering. In Unreal Tounrnament, set your resolution to 800x600. Set all your texture settings to high. Turn off the Hud, under the Hud tab. Turn off 3dhardware audio support.

I am getting 76 fps highest and 46 fps average in the Morpheous 5 bot deathmatch. Sweet.

Thanks,

Sean

Hmm...I wonder which looks better, 800 x 600 with textures high or 1024 x 768 with medium textures. I don't think I'd want to play 800 x 600 on my 21" monitor, but I'll compare them and see how much of a difference there is.
    Vanilla G400 DH (5.25 and beta ICD), Celeron 366 o/c 550 mhz, BE6, 128 megs cas2 PC100, IBM 22 gig 66 udma, SB Live, Kenwood 52x, Viewsonic P810, Win98SE

Comment

Hi Tony,

I compared the two graphical settings and found that the 800x600/high texture/no hud/no 3dhardware setting was the best in my opinion. I am currently getting 76 fps highest frames and 46 fps average frames. The high defined graphical texture given with these settings by far warrent there use. Its like comparing Quake 3 with textures turned up to the max, to playing the game with the texture settings bar one notch down. It is especially evident on the Tempest and Domination maps, where when the texture is set to medium it makes the ground totally smooth and without any texture. For games with a cpu lower than a P3-450 I would set it to medium textures because of the substantial frame boost. For me currently, 46 fps is adequate.

Thanks,

Sean

Comment

Working...
      X