Does RT2000 use G400 MAX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does RT2000 use G400 MAX?

The MURC News item for September 13 entitled "RT2K At IBC", which quotes a post from this forum, says "A cable is used to connect the G400Max with the PCI codec card." Is this right, a MAX?

Hi,

No one knows yet, all info regarding the RT 2000 can be had at www.matrox.com

Regards,
    Elie

Comment

Yes, and that is quite frustrating
      Every week I do a web search hoping to find more RT2000 info and come up with naught. Surely someone will get a beta board to review soon... the suspense is too much

Comment

Though to tell you the truth, I've never waited for a board to be released as much as the RT2000

From what's on the Matrox site regarding the RT2000 I think this board is a true killer and a Semi Pro/Pro's dream come true

Today I went to Vistek and checked out their video editing lab with all kinds of NLE cards
        one of them being the Miro DC1000, it was pathetic, even the engineers couldn't get realtime fx out of it, so I said to my self if they can't figure it out.. how are they're clients going to?

Plus to get DV in/out you must buy an additional board costing you major $$$.
        However the RT2000 is a true all in one solution DV and all

I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE!!

Cheers,
        Elie

[This message has been edited by Elie (edited 09-18-1999).]

Comment

Elie,

you starten to get all excited again.
          maybe you need another vacation....east-

love that maserati-
          evil

Comment

I most defenately need another vacation

You know, one can't help getting excited over excellent products like the RT 2000

Regards,
            Elie

[This message has been edited by Elie (edited 09-18-1999).]

Comment

The G400 that will be bundled initially with the RT2K is a slightly modified G400, it will have higher quality filtering than the normal G400s to ensure optimum picture quality. I think it will be a 32MB board, clocked at normal G400 speed but with a 360MHz RMADAC from what I remember but my memory could be at fault there as I've not slept for a couple of days

Comment

Ant,

Glad your back in one piece-

"as I've not slept for a couple of days"

TS would like to take credit for that fact-

Olliver
                All comments and statements are purely of my own opinion and in no way reflect on my employer.

Comment

Credit is most duely given

Comment

Whoa nelly. How did the techies manage to get their hands on Ant? Did they have to kidnap him away from Marketing?

Ciao

Comment

Hmmmmmmm. TI, maybe you should consider accepting NDA's. It might be worth a night or two on the town.

Comment

Yeah, but think of all the stuff I wouldn't be allowed to tell you.

And who do you think arranged for Ant to be kidnapped ? Problem is, the thugs I hired didn't read the script, they weren't sposed to let him go. There goes my takeover bid for MURC

Comment

It was a setup job, someone arranged a late night meeting for me at my hotel where I was set upon by a gang of burly TS guys who dragged me off to several bars.

[This message has been edited by Ant (edited 09-21-1999).]

Comment

Working...
                          X