G400Max + 5.25 + beta OGL + GPL = segfault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400Max + 5.25 + beta OGL + GPL = segfault

Is it just me ? I just bought a G400 Max ( I really appreciate that Matrox is so open with information on the chipset (good for Linux) so I decided to support them rather than Riva ) and I can't seem to get Grand Prix Legends to run.

I installed the aforementioned drivers configuration, then the beta2 OGL rasterizer and whenever I start GPL I get a segfault in glu32.dll.

Anybody has any clue on what's wrong ? (besides Papyrus not providing either a Direct3d version or a more decent OGL one )

Also, does the G200 beta driver work with the G400 ? If so, does Matrox have any intention to fix the bugs that it has (I heard the pit board doesn't work, as well as the starting line )

Hi.
    You had probably downloaded the G200 OpenGL Beta 2 drivers for your G400. That's reaaalyy bad coz the OGL drivers are designed for the G200 and not the G400. However, Matrox has released an OGL Beta 1 driver for the G400/MAX. So, pop over to the Matrox driver d/l site and get the G400 driver, listed under OpenGL ICD.

Comment

no, I have the opengl beta for the G400 ( quake2 works fine for example ) and the opengl beta 2 rasterizer from Papyrus.

GPL does not support OGL out of the box, so you have to download the rasterizer separately.

Comment

Working...
      X