G400 won't stay overclocked??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 won't stay overclocked??

Hi folks. I'm new to this whole G400 thing. I think the card is amazing!! :-) Anyway, I am using an overclocking program called MGA Tweak to o/c my card. Everything's fine until I reboot. The card reset's itself every time!!! Is there anyway to fix this using this program, or should I use a different one? Thx, Rufus

Hi Rufus !
    right klick ont the MGATweak-shortcut, choose properties than choose run minimized.this will have the affect that MGATweak remember your settings after the reboot.the best thing in such cases is to read the ****ing manual :-)
    PIII 700@933 on Asus P3B-F, GF2 GTS, 512 MB Infineon

Comment

Did you place the utility in the StartUp folder? MGA Tweak doesn't run as a service so you have to place it in StartUp folder to restart after boot.

Comment

Thanks for your input guys!!

Comment

Is there any way to make it permanent, like the G200 PINS file?

Bill

------------------
          People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...
          People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...

Comment

If you use Matrox's overclocker, it writes the o/c settings to the registry, and it will stay o/c'd even after a reboot.

At this point, there is no way to do the PINs of the G400....and I wouldn't hold my breath for that, since the guy (GBM) who gave us the ability to hack our G200s bios is now under NDA with Matrox as one of the beta boiz
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
            X