Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to G400 Half-Life w OpenGL icd?

Hello!

Does anyone know how to get Half-Life running in OpenGL on the G400-board? I've tried to put the latest icd beta i my /win/system/ but the game just won't run in OpenGL mode.

Hi there
    I personally don´t like the beta (5.13.021) ICD with Half-Life. It gives me ocasional texture corruptions and memory leaks(?).I use the ICD included in 5.25 drivers.

To run half-life in Ogl, be sure you don´t mess around with these files in \windows\system folder: opengl32.dll, glu32.dll and g400icd.dll. DON´T rename, delete or do anything like that to the original windows files. The g400icd.dll is the Matrox icd. Several people delete the original opengl32.dll and rename the g400icd.dll to that. That is WRONG. You need all these files in that folder.

Then create an opengl.cfg file in the folder half-life\valve\hw. If you search carefully the forum, you´ll be able to find some opengl.cfg. Pay attention to Kruzin´s opengl.cfg, it seems to be a very good one. At least be sure to include the line gl_texsort=1 to the cfg file, it gives a very nice boost in performance.

In the game, in video options, choose opengl driver -> default. Do NOT choose the 3dfx minigl, it won´t work.

And, last but not the least, start HL with your desktop at either 16 or 32 bpp. 24 bpp is not 3D hardware acelerated, and Q2 based games (like HL will use the desktop color depth). Hint: Use 16 bpp. It´s much faster and I can´t see a diference in HL.

By this time, I can´t see why HL wouldn´t work in OpenGl.

[This message has been edited by Nuno (edited 10-01-1999).]

Comment

Make sure dual-head is disabled. OpenGL is shut down whilst using dual-head.

------------------
      aka Chris H

Comment

Also make sure there is no opengl32.dll in the Halflife folder (maybe left behind by a voodoo). If there is, get rid of it...
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
        X