Matrox G400 Max
    Adaptec 2940 U2W SCSI Ctrlr
    Quantum KA 18.2 Gig
    Quantum Viking 2 U2W 4.2 Gig
    Turtle Beach Home Studio (Montego 2)
    3COM USR 56K Voice/FAX Modem

Here's the problem:
    Half-Life runs GREAT! (OpenGL)
    BUT, Quake 3 locks up about 2 minutes into an on-line game. The entire system "freezes". But when I start up a LAN server it runs GREAT! I know it's not my connection because I can play Half-Life on-line without any problems.

I have the 5.25 drivers and the latest ICD.

This is really bummin' me out, and I would greatly appreciate any insight.

Punchdog

i had a problem similar to it...when i clicked go to join a network game...it locked up...and when i was server it was fine...later on i had problems with q2 and q3, but i found out it was due to overheating...damn p3's are too hot...

Comment

I have the same problem here with a Celeron 400 mhz no over clocking, Q3 freeze afer around 2 or 3 minutes and I have an ADSL connection.... G400 not max(no o/c), 128 megs, abit LX6 mobo,SBLive! value

Comment

And I have the same problem here with an ASUS-DS P3 450@504, SBAWE64 gold, Eicon ISA ISDN and the Max not overclocked.

If I do a clean install of win98 SE I can play online forever, but when I start to install other games/mouseware 8.3/applications etc then it goes guru meditation again. And this is only in online games...

I can usually play 7-23 minutes, and it seems to always freeze when there's a "warp" animation in sight (like when you are teleporting or joining a game).

-------------------
        Whenever anyone says "I can't," it makes me wish he'd get stung to death by about ten thousand bees. When he says "I'll try," five thousand bees. ("I can," one bee.)

Comment

Working...
        X