No announcement yet.

tried unreal tour with my MAX and......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tried unreal tour with my MAX and......

runs SUPER..

i can play it online at 1280x1024 everything set highest 32 bit..

system: cel300a@450 bx6 128mb G400MAX

dan.
    When you open Windows,
    bugs get in!

"Linux is like a Wigwam.. No Windows, no Gates, and Apache inside."

Great!
    I cant run at 1024 32bit got to go 800

------------------
    PIII-450@504, 128 HDSRAM, Asus P3BF, G400/32, SBLive!, Nokia 447Xi 17", oh yea, a nice floppy drive

Comment

On my G200 the glide wrapper is much faster than D3D.

Comment

With a G400 (at 147/196) and a Celeron550, the frame rates aren't that high (1024,32b), even w/o Detailed textures. The last DM map gave an average of 28fps after a bot (4) match. With detailed textures, the first level (rooftop) was giving ~20fps (I thought it was kind of 'clunky' before I even turned on the frame counter).

Performance aside, I prefer the maps in Q3Test. Don't know what it is (brightness, curves, stairs, open space?) but, just more appealling (sp?) to me. No need to argue here, it is just a personal preference

Comment

OMG. I got the patch today, ran home, installed it, and for the first time I am blown away. Regular G400, no OC gives me 54fps at 1024x768 in the new map after runnign around shooting for a while.

Woohoo! not only do the little numbers look cool, but the game itself is smooth as glass and nice looking.

Screw Q3A

Although i still want H-L to run better
          A computer is like sex. Your never 100% sure what your doing but when all goes well, it feels REAL good.

Comment

Well I can't say that I'm blown away. It does have some cool bells and whistles, but I still think Q3A has far superior gameplay and has more realistic deatmatches. Aside from the new guns and levels I really can't tell it from 225f...

------------------
            Celeron 300A@464 2.0V, Abit BH6 G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A, Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster 32PNP

Celeron 566@877 1.8V, 256meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Comment

Hunsow- where is the glide wrapper located????????? I didnt think Matrox offered one......

I havent checked out the D3D version yet, but I have been playing it in real GLIDE, and it blew Q3 away. While I still enjoy Q3 and it is only a test. ID delays way too much, and EPIC is surely going to plant there foot in the "WEB"

------------------
              a digital display of evolution (G200 with aid of Diamond Monster 3D II)
              a digital display of evolution
              (G200 with aid of Diamond Monster 3D II-SLI)

Comment

Ok, so I got the patch (FINALLY) last night and fired it up:
                1024x768x32bit, all details - sluggish.

1024x768x16bit, all details - better

1024x768x16bit, medium world detail, rest same - Faster still... almost V2 SLI speed.

800x600x16bit, all details - woo hoo!

I'll do more testing tonight, but here are my thoughts:

- It looks better on the G400 over the V2, no question.

- The medium world setting is great for network play - it really speeds things up. I can live without the pitted details on the wire mesh if it means I can frag people fster. :-)

- 32bit is darker than 16bit. 32bit and 16bit have almost no effect when the world details are set to medium. Crank it down a notch for the speed boost.

- 1280x1024x32bit REFUSES to run fullscreen. 1152x864x32bit works fine. Anyone know why? I already tried changing the z-buffer settings and the triple buffering settings - no go.

- The MOTION BLUR of the V2 is a hardware problem with the Voodoo2 chipset. It was fixed on the Voodoo3, in case anyone was wondering. This is as per Mark Rein, who was on the UT IRC channel last night. There is no bluring on the G400.

If you want to play this game fast, crank the resolution down to 800x600, set world and player details to medium, and leave it in 16bit. NEVER turn off the high-detail textures - the game looks like crap if you do, and you don't get much of a speed boost over just cranking the detail level down to medium.

This game is almost as fast as the V2 SLI rig in D3D, and looks incredible. If you're a gamer, feel confident that your G400 MAX can handle UT and hang with the Voodoo people out there.

------------------
                Primary System: PIII-540 (450@4.5x120), Soyo 6BA+ III, 256MB PC100 ECC SDRAM, G400 MAX in multi-monitor mode. V2 SLI rig. Two Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 900u monitors, 3Com 3C905, SoundBlaster Live!, DeskTop Theater DTT2500 DIGITAL Speaker System (Sweeeeeet!), 2nd Parallel Port, WD AC41800 18GB HD, WD AC310100 10GB HD, Toshiba SD-M1212 6x DVD-ROM, HP 8100i CD-RW, Epson Stylus Pro, Sharp JX-9400 LJ-II compatible, OptiUPS PowerES 650, MS SideWinder Precision Pro USB joystick, Logitech 3-button mouse, Mitsumi keyboard, Win98 SE, Belkin OmniCube 4-port KVM

Secondary System: PII-266, Asus P2B BIOS 1008, 128MB PC100 ECC SDRAM, Millennium II, 3Com 3C590, ADSL Modem 640kbit down/90kbit up, 3Com 3C509, Mylex BT-930 SCSI card, Seagate 2GB Hawk, NEC 6x CD-ROM, Linux distro S.u.S.E. 6.1 (IP Masquerade works!)

Tertiary System: DFI G568IPC Intel 430HX chipset, P200MMX, 96MB of non-parity RAM, Millennium II, Intel Pro/100+ client NIC, SoundBlaster 16 MCD, Fujitsu 3.5GB HD, WD 1.2GB HD, Creative Dxr3 DVD decoder card, Hitachi GD-2500 6x DVD-ROM, Win98 SE

All specs subject to change.

The pessimist says: "The glass is half empty."
                The optimist says: "The glass is half full."
                The engineer says: "I put half of my water in a redundant glass."

Comment

And if you want to see what I mean by sluggish...

Go to the Turbine map. Go to the area where the Shield Belt is. The lower area, with the grid and the water below it, is where you want to be.

Back up into the cubby just behind the grid. Turn around and look face down at the grid, then. rotate your head up quickly. Bob your head up and down a few times, and you'll see what I mean.

Now, go into the options, and set the world detail to Medium. Come back and do the same thing.

You'll see a big difference in speed. With the V2 and GLide, this isn't an issue.

Comment

Maybe the link to the creative glide wrapper is still working:

http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/004717.html

Comment

In that message thread I already posted my results.

Unified gives me a WINDOWed OpenGL/GLideish view of the game. It's not software rendered, but it's not playable, ether.

That GLide wrapper for the G200 doesn't install on my system - spits out an error (can't remember what the error is). Haven't tried with DX7 yet, though.

Comment

32-bit definitely takes a huge perfomance hit with G400 cards! I got the same fps at 800X600 32-bit as 1152X864 16-bit...

------------------
                        Celeron 300A@464 2.0V, Abit BH6 G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A, Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster 32PNP

Celeron 566@877 1.8V, 256meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Comment

Working...
                        X