Drakan patch now available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drakan patch now available

Was checking around the sites and noticed the Drakan patch we've been waiting for is released. Go get it and see if it fixes the problems we have seen.
    PIII 700@960, Asus CUSL2, Adaptec 29160, 2x Seagate Barracuda 18.2GB, SB LIve!, 3COM 3C905TX, 256MB Muskin Rev. 2 PC133 at 2-2-2, G400MAX soon the be replaced with ?.

http://www.psygnosis.com/drakan/down...n_patch442.zip

This patch includes the fix for the bumpmapping crashes (supposedly). I'm d/ling it now myself to find out
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I'm gonna wait til I get home... please end damn work day
      PIII 700@960, Asus CUSL2, Adaptec 29160, 2x Seagate Barracuda 18.2GB, SB LIve!, 3COM 3C905TX, 256MB Muskin Rev. 2 PC133 at 2-2-2, G400MAX soon the be replaced with ?.

Comment

YaY!

It works. I loaded the save game I sent in to Matrox that crashed 9/10 times when bumpmapping was on.

5 times in a row, no crah. Then I played to another spot I knew to cause the crash...and it didn't. Good deal.

Now I need to try the "improved" multi-player
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

From the patch's README file:

"Fixed rare crash when loading in saved-games. Your previous saved games (even the ones that crashed before) can still be loaded..."

Yeah, and I'm the Queen of France over here. I get the exact same results as before - can't load my most recent save game, and playing to certain points will still crash me. The weird texturing problems on the hills are even still happening. I hate this card, I hate this card, I bloody HATE this card.

Actually, I don't know if it's a Drakan thing or a G400 thing - probably both - but I'm so annoyed with Matrox in general right now, I'm happy to blame the Drakan problems on them as well.

I just wanted to play on my TV dammit.

-shinma

[This message has been edited by shinma (edited 09-30-1999).]

Comment

Working...
          X