Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey "Idiot" WTF is going on???

Read here http://www.ga-source.com/all/news/bi...15:39:51.shtml

Why aren't you there if there's an announcement for a Marvel Card?

Ciao

Well until Matrox make an announcement, I guess we won't know what they are going to announce. If it does happen to G400 Marvel, I can't help wondering why (as the biggest Matrox-based video editing site on the net), I wasn't at least given some information (or maybe a parallel invite to the UK operation).

Mebbe they don't like me - let's face it, I have been openly critical of Matrox in the past.

Comment

Howdy. If it is about a Marvel G400 and you aren't there, then I would think that you aren't under any NDA. If that's the case, what goodies can you tell us

For you not even getting an invite, this would make me think that the airheads over at Matrox Marketing are comparing your site to the graphics site, in which case, they are probably right. Your site does have a low hit rate compared to the Hardware forum and other similar graphic forums. Somehow, I get the feeling that that's what they are doing.

In any case, forget them. Let's talk about the RT. You get any contacts with their Video Marketeers yet? You getting an RT for a review?

SwAmPy

Comment

This_Idiot,

there is a rule that i live by and i'm sure that others agree... it's that publicity, be it good or bad it's still publicity.

"Mebbe they don't like me - let's face it, I have been openly critical of Matrox in the past."

now how could they not like you? you give them publicity-

just my opinion

evil

Comment

Swampy, you're right, I'm not under NDA. Matrox have never pressured me to sign NDA, but in the early days I made it clear to them that due to the nature of the site that I couldn't do that. This is obviously double-edged as it means that I don't get given information that I could have. But to my way of thinking, if I came across a "rumour" out there on the web that happened to be covered by an NDA I wouldn't be able to publish it. So I made my decision, could be that others feel that the opposite decision is the right one.

Evil, you almost make me feel wanted. I'd just say that I don't think Marketing read that part of the publicity manual.

I still don't know whether the gathering was to brief editors about Marvel G400. I did hear that a few well-known on-line editors were there though, so this isn't a minor event.

I don't have any more news on the R2K yet, and I don't have one (and haven't been promised one either). While I would donate certain parts of my body to get hold of one, I wouldn't be in a position to fully test the kit because I don't have a DVcorder (and with unemployment catching up with me tomorrow, a DV is not high on my priority list).

As always, when I know you'll know.

Comment

Well I was there and I saw the RT2K and it seems to be all that has been promised, I'm no real expert like you guys but it sure as hell impressed me. I've made contact with the video division on behalf on myself and my collegue T_I, more news on that soon hopefully.

The meeting was more than just about one product, I am under NDA but is isn't hard to guess what about from what has been said. The RT2K was not under NDA as it has already been announced so was a demo of what they have already been talking about and demoing elsewhere.

And there are some really great people at Matrox, especially those TS guys!

Comment

Hey, Ant-dude

Good to have you back. You could have left me a message.......

R2K soudning cool, no doubt I'll be talking to you tomorrow about that.

Hold onto your pants guys, looks like we're diving in !

PS does anyone have a DVcam that I can borrow short-term

Comment

Thanks Ant.

I hope you enjoyed your stay in Mtl. At least the last night anyway

Haig

Comment

Chris,

just be carrefull you don't dive into shallow waters it could hurt

Elie

[This message has been edited by Elie (edited 09-21-1999).]

Comment

Working...
                  X