Low 3dmark 99 value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low 3dmark 99 value?

I have a celeron 433 with 128 mb of ram and the Matrox millenium g400 32mb.
    When I run 3dmark 99 i get a value around 1900. Isn't that a bit low?

Hubas

Yes, allthough it depends on the resolution.

Comment

The resolution was 800*600 16 bit color
      Hubas

Comment

Also try using 3d Mark 99 Max to benchmark your card. The two programs are very different, in the values of the benchmarks they return. 3D Mark 99 values tend to be significantly lower then those returned by the Max version of the program.
        Sometimes, just sometimes, the things I say make sense!

Comment

I am using the max version. :-(

Comment

Hi, I thought I was actually getting a low score. Guess I was wrong. I get around 3700+ when I tested back then. Now I should get a little more with Dx 7 and I also overclocked my MAX to 110%. There is definately a problem there for you. Is bus mastering on?

My system Specs:
            Celeron 300a OC to 464
            Abit Bh6 Mobo
            Matrox G400 MAX 32 megs OC to 110%
            128 megs Micron PC100 ram
            Sb Live! Value

Comment

Yeah, something's wrong. Do you have drivers from your old card still in your system? I get around 4100 in 3dmark 99 max.
              specs:
              cel 464a
              Bx6r.2
              g400 32meg SH O/C to 164/205 w/mgatweak

Comment

Try a driver re-install and make sure you have lastest bios for your mobo. You should get around 3700 with your rig. Heck I got around 2500 with my old G200!

------------------
                Celeron 300A@464 2.0V, Abit BH6 G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A, Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster 32PNP

Celeron 566@877 1.8V, 256meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Comment

Damn! Same processor and you get 300+ more than me. My MAX is clocked higher too. What bios settings do you turn on in your Bx6 to get more performance? I knew something was wrong.

Oh yeah, post your score too Maniac. I'm interested in what score you get since you have the same processor too. Please tell me you get around the same as me.

[This message has been edited by kooguy (edited 09-26-1999).]

Comment

I reinstalled windows and i now have 2400.
                    And I am using with the 5.25 powerdesk

Comment

A little better but still not quite there yet. Did you enable things like DMA on your harddrive or things like that? Might help with score and overall system performance. Should also get pcilist to see if you are running AGP 2X. Try installing DX 7 too and flash G400 bios to latest one if you did not already do so. Sorry I couldn't be more help. You have the lowest score I have ever seen with a system configuration like that. Weird...

Comment

I just checked, I get ~3180 with a G200. Hubas your score is way way way too low.

Comment

Hey Hunsow, you're starting to scare me. What system did you get that score with? Also, is that G200 OCed? I think with my system config, I should be getting around 4000.

Comment

My 3d mark 99 max registered version score
                            is in 1280x1024 16bits, triple buffering
                            4023 with my G400 MAX o/c

Comment

I have a PIII running at 515MHz, and the GCLCK of the G200 is running at 104MHz, default is 84MHz. I have one old DIMM that doesn't run stable at 112MHz bus speed, so I can't run the PIII at 560MHz. If I benchmark with a resolution of 640x480 I reach ~4100.

[This message has been edited by Hunsow (edited 09-26-1999).]

Comment

Working...
                              X