Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redline racer won't run?

So I bought a copy of Redline racer.
    It runs fine with my Voodoo2, but it will *not* run with my g200.
    I have been banging my head against the wall... Redline Racer comes with the Mystique doesn't it?
    Maybe some kind soul could take a peek in the d3d.ini file or something because my version off the shelf will not run.
    My D3D.ini file has:
    FilterMagMode=Linear
    FilterMinMode=Linear
    FilterBias=2.0

Help. Argh.

---Adrian

Have you disabled the Voodoo2's D3D support? Regardless of what you tell the game, if D3D is enabled for the V2, it will try to run it.

Go to your display propeties, Voodoo2 tab. Click on the advanced button, and check the box to disable D3D support for the Voodoo.

Hopefully that'll do it
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Hm, I did think of trying that; but never actually got around to it as I figured runned it and letting then choosing "primary display" would work; but all it does it get past the opening art and then pop back to the desktop.

I just tried it now; and my display property window keeps hanging. That can't be good.

I will reboot and report back later, I'll keep you updated. Thanks for the tip.

---Adrian

Comment

Nuts. Didn't work. I had hoped that it would.
        Are there any resolution/color depth restrictions? I have tried a few, but nothing worked.

I am pretty close to giving up. Phooey. Maybe it will work with the g400..... another reason to blow $200 (a $14.99 game.. heh)

---Adrian

Comment

I found that Redline Racer has this fault using drivers 4.51 and 5.13. You can run the game though if you use the i740 version by finding and starting the following file:-

rlr_i740.exe

NB works under driver 4.28 and probably 4.33

Comment

Redline Racer rides again.

Just found out that DX 7.0 fixes the problem

(currently using Powerdesk 5.25)

Comment

Working...
            X