Expendable Slow to Load with G400 Max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expendable Slow to Load with G400 Max

I have a G400 Max Dell 300 Mhz PentiumII 64MB. Having installed the Bump Mapped version of Expendable on the install CD, when loading the game the following happens:

Select new game
    Loading screen comes up and green bars show load progress.
    load bars show loading complete.
    game then sits there for circa 2 minutes.
    lots of disk activity.
    Game eventually starts.

This makes the game tedious to play as it happens each time you die and have to start over.

Rage technical support say it Expendable takes a long time to load but this seems excessive. They suggested defragging the disk, I did but no change.

Has anybody experienced this? Any ideas?

Probably due to the amount of ram you've got. I also have only 64MB and it takes forever to load.

Can anyone with 128MB or more comment?
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I have 128mb and G400 MAX, it takes a while to load but once the bars complete the game pretty much starts...

Comment

Could anybody with the retail version advise if this comes with a memory recommendation?

Does Bump Mapping incurr a memory overhead?

Comment

I have retail version and optimum configuration is PII-450/128MB RAM/32MB Video card
          Intel Pentium III 600
          196 MB SDRAM
          Matrox G400 32MB DualHead
          10GB Maxtor HD 7200rpm
          Compaq 40x CDROM, Toshiba SD1212 DVDROM
          Creative SB Live Value
          Microcom Deskporte 56k Voice modem
          Compaq P700 FD Trinitron Monitor

Comment

It would seem that memory is a limiting factor on the speed. I intend to upgrade soon either memory or a new machine. I'll advise if I have any relevent feedback.

Comment

Working...
            X