Re-Volt & G400Max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-Volt & G400Max

Sorry if this has been asked before. I get random lockups on Re-Volt, any ideas on a fix (I do have the latest patch from Akliam)?

On OC'ing (Lastest Driers & Bios all round)
    GA-5AXr4
    K6III 450
    192 RAM
    SBLive!
    3Con 10-BaseTx NIC
    Advansys SCSI adapter

Chris Blake

Check your mobo bios for the following settings:

VGA Bios Shadow - set to disabled
    Snoop Ahead - disabled
    PCI/AGP Bios first - set to AGP

Any other settings relating to shadowing or caching of the VGA bios or memory, disable them.

If you have the option USWC or UC make sure that it is at UC only.

Hope this helps. It helped me enough that Re-Volt has only hung once in about 20 hours of play.
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Hello

I will only say that i have the same problem.
      When i am using my voodoo2 it works fine.
      I have a Pentium Celeron 366, 64Mb RAM, g400.

Comment

Little correction to agallag's advices:

set to USWC ...

------------------
        Cheerio,
        Maggi
        Millenium G400 32MB DH
        Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
        Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
        be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
        4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
        2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
        OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
        4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
        Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
        Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
        LG BH10LS38
        LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

I have now tried everything to get this thing working. If anyone can prove the follow statement untrue then I’d like to hear from you:

RE-VOLT DOES NOT WORK ON A G400MAX WITH A GA-5AX MOTHERBOARD NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU PISS ABOUT WITH YOUR SETTINGS.

If anyone can suggest something that I haven’t tried I'll be surprised, c’mon you like a challenge don’t you?
          Chris Blake

Comment

I don't have this motherboard but I had exactly the same problem with a SuperMicro motherboard with on board SCSI. The only way I could stop Revolt from crashing was to disable busmastering.

Comment

Disable busmastering. Yep! tried that, doesn't crash, runs a rough as a badger's arse though. NEXT!
              Chris Blake

Comment

Go and grab the <b>new update</b> !!!
                http://www.3dfiles.com/patches/revolt.shtml

And please give feedback whether it helped or not.

------------------
                Cheerio,
                Maggi
                Millenium G400 32MB DH
                Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                LG BH10LS38
                LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Sorry Maggi, no joy there, same problem

Wonder if DX7 might help? :P

------------------

--
                  Chris Blake
                  Chris Blake

Comment

Hi!

Look I play RE-VOLT @1024x768x32 highest frame rate about 189lowest about 72 if 1024x768x16 highes about 210 lowes about 80..after patching with latest patch and DX7 ..but you must go thru RENDERER options while in game set mipmap on POINT and option above to LINEAR all other HIGH...no lockups or chrashes like before...its a beauty...

------------------
                    PIII450@465,P2b,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live !(value)...
                    PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

I get 25-30 fps in RE-Volt with the G400 MAX with resolution of 1024x768x32. If i go for 800x600x16 i get somewhere between 35-40.
                      I don't understand this, my Voodoo2 card gives me just about 50 fps in 800x600.
                      I have even tweaked the card to 110%, but I still get a low framerate.

I use the driver version 5.25 and bios 1.5

I have disabled everything in bios that needed to be done to get the card to work at all. It crashes on me regularaly, but sometimes it works. Great image quality, but 3D doesn't impress me, neither did the G200 when that came out.

I use a ASUS P2Bs motherboard with PII 450
                      Seagate Cheetah 10.000 RPM U2W LVD disk
                      384MB RAM (8NS - PC-100)
                      Soundblaster Live retail
                      3Com 905b network

Comment

Katoona:
                        Either one of the following should help:
                        1. Disable Anisotropic filtering in your registry with the registry hack. Then start your game and hopefully your FPS is doubled like me.
                        2. Go into Rendering screen AFTER you have start the game(pause) with the FPS counter on so you can see the FPS jump. Then change the texture filter(the one above MIPMAP) from Linear to Anisotropic AND THEN BACK to Linear. If you are like me you will see your FPS doubled. Then escape back and restart your game.

The reason for me is that my G400 has Anisotropic filter turned ON by default (or at least Revolt think it was). Therefore REVOLT by default will use Anisotropic filter which cut your FPS in half.
                        Using method one above is the best as it will tell REVOLT to use Linear filter by default and you get the doubled FPS everytime you start without having to go thru method which is a pain for every new game you start.

Try it and let me know if it helps.
                        GTI.

Comment

GTI,

What is Anisotropic , what effect does it have on games ??

Is there any visual difference in the game by switching it off?

Comment

yes ,yes ,yes GTI-s method is right it must be a GAME bug.. & when ever you in game for first time you must go thru rendering options while in game ...thats sucks bad...I dont knowe if thats G400 mistake or RE-Volts... but after doing so u realy get HIGH FPS count the lowets ever was about 45 @1024x768x32 going up to 190...

------------------
                            PIII450@465,P2b,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live !(value)...
                            PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

I got the same problem, uninstalled de 5.25 drivers, reinstalled the 5.15 with the beta ogl, no more problems with re-volt

Comment

Working...
                              X