Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 and Half Life/TFC

Hey,

I just got my G400 a couple of days ago and I love to play Team Fortess Classic for half life. I know this has been a big discussion here, but I would like to know some "tips" ya'll can give me. Most everything seems to be running pretty well... despite the fact that half life is the g400's weak spot.

In opengl things run pretty well. I like the way things look in D3D better, but the text (from communications and all) is blurry. Is there a fix for that?

I have the 5.25 drivers, the beta opengl icd, and Direct X 7.0

I apprciate ya'lls help.

Thanks

------------------
    Abit BH6, Celeron 450, Matrox G400 32mb, 256mb ram, IBM 10GB, DVD 5x, MX300
    Abit BH6
    Celeron 450
    Matrox G400 32mb "MAX"
    256MB PC100 RAM
    IBM 10GB 7200rpm HDD
    Creative Labs DVD 5x
    Mitsumi 4x/2x/8x CD-RW
    Monster Sound MX300
    USR 56K Modem
    ADi 6P (19" Monitor)
    Windows ME

I got no hints but only a hope ,that the announced turboOGL will be effective to run HL as well or better than (SLI with) the 3Dfx minigl driver I now have to use.The issue is not just speed though that appears to be a major one. The current beta G400icd.dll is woefully underperforming,viz,61 fps to 81 fps for the 3Dfx mini in multiplayer on this machine .And the graphics are not represented properly either , eg , flashing lights rather than solid ones , washed out colours , etc. I'm rather waiting impatiently for the new driver : just because it is faster due to PIII instructions may not improve the graphics performance in other areas.I know Matrox is working on this . But my patience as a long time customer is wearing somewhat thin.

------------------
    In Harm's Way
    In Harm's Way

Comment

Working...
    X