Unreal Tournament - D3D vs Glide performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreal Tournament - D3D vs Glide performance

There's a brand new preview of the full version of UT posted today comparing the D3D vs Glide performance...it's looking good for us G400 users who will be using D3D.
    Here's the relevant quote from the preview:

"...we've already previewed and playtested Unreal Tournament....D3D is now working and it's looking absolutely fantastic. The only noticeable difference to the Glide version being texture pre-caching delays on loading a level."

The full review is here:
    http://www.gamespot.co.uk/pc.gamespo...uk/review.html

Vanilla G400 DH (5.25 and beta ICD), Celeron 366 o/c 550 mhz, BE6, 128 megs cas2 PC100, IBM 22 gig 66 udma, SB Live, Kenwood 52x, Viewsonic P810, Win98SE

Forgot to mention they gave the full version (not the demo) of UT a score of 9.8 out of 10. My mouth is watering to play some more maps. An additional map not in the 3dfx demo will be included in the D3D release which looks like it will be out on monday.
    Vanilla G400 DH (5.25 and beta ICD), Celeron 366 o/c 550 mhz, BE6, 128 megs cas2 PC100, IBM 22 gig 66 udma, SB Live, Kenwood 52x, Viewsonic P810, Win98SE

Comment

Yep, I don't know how much you've played of UT, but it is pretty good. Now I wonder how many patches it will take to fix all of the bugs? Hopefully no more than five this time.
      p3-500, 128mb, g400max, wd hd, promise, 3com

Comment

I've played it quite a bit. I agree it's great. I think releasing this demo as early as they have is a really good thing and should mean fewer bugfixes after it goes gold. Check out this link for all the changes and bug fixes they've made since the 3dfx demo was released - all of which will be fixed/changed on the D3D release coming in a couple days. Quite an impressive list of changes and it seems like quite a few were based on feedback/suggestions from gamers sent in to the UT development team. http://unreal.epicgames.com/demochangelog.txt

Comment

I cant wait to Frag your Butts..

------------------
          PIII-450, 128 HDSRAM, Asus P3BF, G400/32, SBLive!, Nokia 447Xi 17",

Comment

Working...
          X