Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 & VIA & bad performance

Hi, I'm very desperate and this is my last try to find help:
    My G400 runs under unacceptable performance: e.g. Unreal D3D 640x480 - 19 fps!!!
    I've tried 4 more D3D games - all the same.
    System:
    G400 32MB DH
    AMD K6-2 450
    Epox EP-MVP3G / VIA MVP3G-M Chipset
    Win98
    the rest doesn't matter.

I've tried everything:
    G400: newest BIOS + drivers
    BIOS: updated to latest
    BIOS drivers (Win98): latest
    checked all the motherboard switches.
    turned bus mastering on/off
    tried all BIOS chipset features (AGP aperture size, several r/w buffers etc)...
    Nothing helped. No Matrox hotline (ha!), nothing.
    Today I put a V3000 into my system - no problems, run immediately and it ROCKS. Although the Hardware quality is worse and I don't have a DH feature...

If I don't get help I'll send back the G400 and get a V300, although it hurts.
    I read postings of people here with exactly the same system (same CPU+motherboard) and theirs rocks! I can't understand it, my belief is fading ;-(

Regards, Matz

Stupid question:
    But have u tested to disabled Vsync?
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Hehe that was the one I didn't mention: yes, I did.

Comment

I recently had a problem with my friend's computer and his G200 with a VIA MVP3 board. I had to completely uninstall the matrox drivers, then install the VIA combo drivers (I selected AGP 1x, or "non turbo", I'd recommend you might try the same), then reinstall the latest matrox drivers.

If I didn't uninstall the matrox drivers the VIA driver install didn't actually seem to work properly. I'd give it a try before you give up.

That said, Matrox seems to have spotty support for Super7 boards in particular and drivers in general, but I'm not sure that 3dfx is much better. As near as I can tell at the moment, if you want good driver support it'll have to be an nvidia product.

Todd

Comment

Hey Matz,

Check out my homepage, which you can get to through my prolife, and check out my machine configuration for the G400. See if that helps any.

Joel
          Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
          Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Thanks Joel,
            but it didn't help. Tomorrow I'll smash the motherboard around my dealer's ears!

Comment

Working...
            X