Marvel G200 and SCSI drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G200 and SCSI drives

Is anyone using the Marvel G200 and capturing onto a SCSI drive.
    If so what sort of poblems have you encountered?
    What size of drive are you using?
    Have you partitioned it?

No problems here,

I have 3 UDMA33 drives, 3 UWSCSI, and a FastTrak with 2 UDMA33 drives and the UDMA33 and UWSCSI drives are performing just about the same, although all my drives are 7200rpm models.

IMHO, the best configuration is to have one smaller HD for your OS and programs, and several dedicated Video HD:s, partitionning a one big video HD has very little advantages (when you start moving the files between different drive letters, you know what I mean)

Space - you can never have enough HD space, with ~20GB you can make ~30min movie.

Pertti

Comment

Marvel capture w/ SCSI....

Unless I'm capturing RGB to one of my non-Ultra2LVD drives I have no problems. Of course, the cause of the problems with RGB to old Seagate Hawk drives are self-evident

Comment

I'm using a Quantum Viking II U2W drive for my captures. It only looses frames when it's severly stressed (other programs trying to access the drive while capturing). Otherwise, no probs.

Ghydda

------------------
        A slowly desintegrating nobody with an Athlon 500 MHz on a FIC SD11 with 256MB Memorycard, Adaptec 2940UW, Adaptec 2904CD, 3 SCSI HD, JVC cooking equipment, Plextor 40Max, Pioneer DVD-U03S, SBlive Value with homemade S/PDIF I/O-card and last but not least - Matrox Marvel G200 AGP 16MB SD with PowerStrip@110/147

Only thing missing: Matrox RT2000
        As I always say: You can get more with a kind word and a 2-by-4 than you can with just a kind word.
        My beloved Parhelia was twotiming with Dan Wood - now she's gone forever and all I got is this lousy T-shirt
        |Stolen Rig|RetroGames Rig|Workstation Rig|Server Rig|

Comment

I have no trouble capturing to my scsi drives. I have a ibm 9zx 9.1 gig on UW partitioned in 2GB chunks, and a 4.5mb ibm LVD drive that I use for OS and VMEM...

Optimally, one would have a drive for OS (smaller) a drive for swap (kinda hard to find drives this small anymore, 2gig would probably do well if running NT and 9X... but I use stuff that can REALLY eat up ram. like ulead MS, adobe PS, and 3d studio max all at once under NT), and a drive for capture.

Or better yet a raid array for capture.... Those medea vido raids with like a 100GB of storage at 30+ MB/s mmmmm....

anyone who's seen an RT 2000 know if it captures analog signals or even displays them any sharper than the marvel? I really hope so...

Comment

You should check to see if your scsi chain is properly terminated and that the Marvel and your scsi card don't share an IRQ.

Regards,
            Elie

Comment

Working...
            X