scores don't show in multiplayer HL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scores don't show in multiplayer HL

I know I should downgrade to DirectX 6.x, but first I want to see if anyone else is experiencing this:

When running multiplayer Halflife with the latest patch (something.13)in DirectX mode, the scores show up on the screen in a big whited out blob. I'm not sure when this started happening- could be when I upgraded to one of those leaked DirectX 7 files.

G200, DirectX 7, PD 5.25, 16 bit color.

It's not DX7, I have DX6 and same prob, so it probably is drv 5.25
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Too bad G200 OpenGL mode in Half Life doesn't quite cut it (unless I run it in 320x??? mode)... No problems there- with the exception that it's too slow.

So who's to blame? The latest Half Life patch or Matrox and PD 5.25?

[This message has been edited by LrngToFly (edited 09-20-1999).]

Comment

I'm also getting U_REMOVE errors when I run with OGL. It is NOT by ISP or modem because with D3D when I could see my ping it usually was ~225 and I would only lag when the whole server was lagging.

[This message has been edited by TnT (edited 09-21-1999).]
        Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
        Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Working...
        X