please, give me a dosstart.bat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please, give me a dosstart.bat

any game access the cdrom because my file dosstart.bat its corrupted..
    write me by email bira@teacher.com
    thanks

Nobody knows what was in your dosstart.bat, maybe you can show what is in your autoexec.bat and config.sys and what cdrom you have, then we can make an educated guess.

Comment

Just need the CD-Rom make and model, and we can do it for you...
      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Or you could just copy and paste it here, since it's a text file, anyway... probably just got a garbage character in it somewhere...

----------------------
        Holly
        Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
        -Jay Bulworth

Comment

creative labs used to have an excellent commandline util called CTLOAD, that loaded sys device drivers from the commandline without having to put in config.sys...

i sold my sb32, and forgot to retain that, anyone know if it's still around? or included on sblive discs?

(i have an a3d vortex now...would like to get ctload again)
          ==
          "In Japan, I was in a relationship for seven years and my boyfriend never once heard me pee." --Miho Ogawa, 29, a Japanese waitress living in New York / Giant Robot 24

Comment

If you're not sure what you're doing, try this:
            Make a win98 startup disk, then copy the oakcdrom.sys to somewhere on your HDD, and then look in the config.sys and autoexec.bat on that startup disk. Copy the config.sys line referring to the oakcdrom.sys to your real config.sys on the root of your C: drive. (Even better: make a boot menu) and copy the line from the autoexec.bat referrring to mscdex.exe on the startup disk to the dosstart.bat.

------------------
            Cheers,
            Steve

PS: Some or all of the above message may be wrong, or, just as likely, correct. Depends on what mood I'm in. And what you know. ;¬)

Comment

Working...
            X