Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avid Cinema with Quicktime 4

Hi,

does anyone know something if and when Avid will bring out an Update, that we can use Quicktime 4 instead 3 to use with Avid Cinema?

Stevie

Who knows? As far as I'm concerned they can take all the CD's with Avid Cinema on them and use 'em for roofing tiles.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Hey, I wonder if that would work?

With all the AOL CDs that keep coming in the mail, I've probably got enough now to do the shed in the back.

Comment

Sorry, lads! The hole in the middle is the bugbear. How about papering a wall with them, label side glued?

It tickles me when I watch a telefilm to see Avid credited at the end (their pro systems are probably good) and then to think how they really blew it for this market. Even more tickling is to think Matrox got into bed with them: who paid whom? I have a large carton full of unwanted CD-ROMS and buggered-up CD-Rs: Avid is somewhere in that mess, where it justly belongs.

------------------
        Brian
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

In a thread on the (now departed)discussion group on the Avid site someone suggested that if you install Quicktime 4 to a different directory than the default then Avid will carry on using Quicktime 3 and you can use 4 for everything else. I haven't tried it though...
          Don't make me angry...

Comment

QT 4.0.3 works fine for me & avid cinema 1.1.5. I have a 7500 upgradded to a 255Mhz 604e, 112MB RAM.

I also have the U3 extension V 1.1.4.

As a matter of fact, I even have a Radius firewire card. As long as I don't use Apple's newest drivers I'm good.

I would check which extensions you're running.

Good luck

Comment

Actually a real Avid is quite a powerful piece of editing software, or so I've been told. It also costs more than a house, depending on the neighborhood. Why they decided to go all the way to the low end of the consumer market and then release a POS like Avid Cinema, I'll never know. I traded mine for a friend's copy of MSP5ve and I am happier than I ever could of been with Cinema. I might even go up to Premiere eventually, although we'll see.
              As for Poppi's answer, it is quite valid, although we do not know if he is having the problem on a Mac or in Windows (sounds like Windows, tho'). I'd recommend writing to Tech Support (Matrox if it came with the Marvel G200, Avid if a seperate purchase, etc) and ask them when they plan to fix it. I personally have the Matrox Marvel G200 and have been trying to get an update to the Zoran SoftDVD player that came with the card. I gave up on any Avid patch long ago. I only thing I have going for me is constant, and I hope reasonable, requests for a fix. As long as I can write to their Tech Support (Mastrox, that is) I refuse to let them ignore me.
              NotEd

------------------
              If you had a infinite number of monkeys with an infinite number of typewriters one of them would eventually become head of Tech Support.
              If you had a infinite number of monkeys with an infinite number of typewriters one of them would eventually become head of Tech Support.

Abit BE6-II v1.1
              Intel Celeron 566@850
              Matrox G400 OEM 32MB DH
              Sound Blaster Live Value
              Maxtor 5.7 GB IDE Ultra33 System Drive
              Hitachi GD-2500 DVD-ROM
              Promise Ultra 66 with-
              Maxtor 30 GB Ultra66 Video drive
              Yamaha CDRW6416
              Adaptec 2940 U2W
              Windows 2000 SP2
              Generic LS-120 drive, Teac 3.5" Floppy