"System Shock 2" Still tearing with PD 5.25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "System Shock 2" Still tearing with PD 5.25

Don't think it matters, but it tears with and without the beta ICD.
    Is anybody NOT having this problem with "System Shock 2" and PD 5.25?
    BuGGz
    ASUS P2B
    P3-450 clocked at 600 (4.5x133)
    Matrox G400 Max
    Sound Blaster Live Value
    128 megs PC100 sdram
    Winderz 98

Try enabling Vsync and see what happens.

Elie

Comment

And the lack of Vsynch makes only the doors tearing? If you look more closer it´s more texture corruption than tearing.

Comment

Was having the same problem. Removed 5.25 and reinstalled 5.13 The game looks great again !!!!! I did install the new G400ICD and Half Life seems to have improved ? At least it's no worse. Looks like we will have to Mix and Match untill this Driver problem is solved.
        P-II333 @ 400MHZ(4x100)ASUS P2B, 340Ram, Win98SE

Comment

Vsynch makes verry little difference for me. Back to 5.13 and its looking great again.
          Thanks
          BuGGz
          ASUS P2B
          Matrox G400 Max
          Sound Blaster Live Value
          128 megs PC100 sdram
          Winderz 98

Comment

Is this only with System Shock 2? Does the latest 5.25 drivers have any tears and so on in other games with the G400 Max? I'm trying to decide which drivers to load on mine when I install it later today..

Comment

I only had problems with SS2. Drakan still likes to crash with EMBM on. But it also did with 5.13 and above. I see no advantage with any driver over 5.13. Sometimes I think Matrox releases new drivers just to get reviewers to say they are working on the problems when they really update nothing. Does anybody actually see improvements with 5.25? I havn't tried Half-Life yet and am tired of changing drivers, I can say this from changing drivers 4+ times. Nuno is right, there is alot more corruption with SS2 and 5.25. then just the obvious tearing.
              BuGGz
              ASUS P2B
              Matrox G400 Max
              Sound Blaster Live Value
              128 megs PC100 sdram
              Winderz 98

Comment

You are right, BuGGz ! The new Drivers are worse then the old 5.13. I wonder what Matrox is doing with the G400. I am disappointed.

Comment

There is a MASSIVE bugfix list. If you paid attention to this forum you'd see R0M's lists of fixes.

Several games that I play regularly now run properly/faster, whereas with 5.13 they ran horribly or not at all.

- Gurm

------------------
                  G. U. R. M. It's not hard to spell, is it? Then don't screw it up!
                  The word "Gurm" is in no way Copyright 1999 Jorden van der Elst.
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                  X