X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2GB AVI limit on a DC30 (no plus)

Hi,

Someone offered me a Miro DC30 for not much
    money to replace my good old Rainbow Runner.

Now I would to know what problems the DC30
    have with 2Gb limit, is there a way round this using special new drivers?

I'm using Premiere 5.1a or media studio 5.

Rob

Test out the DC30 before parting with your money, it may not be the improvement over RRS that you expect.

I think that AV_IO will work with the DC30, and that gets over the 2Gb limit by capturing to multiple files

Comment

I own a Marvel G200 and a DC30+. I've had a few problem with my Marvel so I went out and bought a DC30+ as well. Some of the problems I have are that MJPEG files shift down a few lines. To play back multiple 2GB files I used MSP 5.2 and also some problems with this (HDD started to swap, frames jerked along and picture and sound lost sync).
      When using the new drivers for the DC30+ with Premiere 5.1a you can playback multiple files and it keeps in sync. I have to use AVI_IO to capture as it doesn't seem to support multiple file capture (to get around the 2GB limit).

Salacious

Comment

Hi,

The difference between the DC30 and "+" USED to be :

- design cleanup. The older DC30 had some real sloppy PCB work, pullup resistors glued on the board, a transistor here and there to make up for (bad) board design. Not really dramatic, though I repaired more then one board because a uncareful user broke off a component while handling the card.

- the birth of the "productivity pack", generally the software that had to be used to make cutlist playback possible on the older Premiere4.2. (getting over the 2gig playback limitations)

Now, I'm NOT sure if the productivity pack (came standard with the "+" driver) still is needed under Premiere5.x. If not, there is little to no difference between the two cards and the DC30 would be a good buy.

IF however "instant video" (the component of the productivity pack making cutlist playback possible in the first place) still is needed under Premiere5.x, you're in trouble :

the official "instant video" pack for the DC30 uses a special VCR/infrared cable as DONGLE for it's software, so you can't take the DC30+ drivers for the older DC30 UNLESS you have that cable attached to it EVEN if you don't want to use it to command your video deck.

....HEY CHRIS ! I TRACED THE PROBLEM, SO I'M BACK.

Take Care,
        Kris
        ---------------

JUNIOR ???? Ah Well..... it's good to be back so I couldn't care less.

[This message has been edited by KRIS (edited 09-19-1999).]

Comment

Hi Kris, good to see you back.

I thought that the original DC30 had a limited set of capture resolutions....

Comment

Hi.

I got the card up and running perfectly in combination with my TNT2 at 1600x1200 as resolution. The quality is great and I'm using the lastest drivers available for the DC30 serie.

The DC30 tool says instant Video 1.1.28 (premiere 5.x) is installed. This feature is ?not? supported by DC30 (normal). Why it's in the list, I don't know.

How do I tell the difference from a normal DC30 and the DC30plus? There are no markings on the card, not even telling my it's a DC30. The card just says MIRO.

I'm glad with my DC30 at the moment, it was a good buy. I can finnaly use NT4 at high-res for editing.....

Rob

Comment

Working...
            X