Matrox DVD Hardware add-on card and SCSI DVD-ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox DVD Hardware add-on card and SCSI DVD-ROM

Anybody tried this? Any issues with Zoran's software for the Hardware Decoder and the SCSI DVD-ROM?
    Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Anybody?
    Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

MultimediaMan,

where do you want to start?

what problems are you having?
      what scsi dvd rom do you have?
      what os?
      what kind of system do you have?

you starting to get the hint-

don't mind tryen to lend a hand-
      evil

Comment

You misunderstand...I'm not having a problem, I'm researching.

I have read that Zoran's SoftDVD does not like SCSI DVD-Roms, and I was wondering whether or not this problem applied to the Matrox/Zoran hardware decoder as well.

I'm in the process of upgrading my system to all SCSI, and if there are issues with the Matrox DVD, I'll save myself the time and the trouble of finding out the hard way.

My System: P3 450, 384MB PC-100 RAM, Matrox Marvel G-200 TV 16 MB, Adaptec 2940U2W, SBLive! (w/ OD I/O Card), 3Com 905B-TX, ADS Cadet, 2x WD 9.1 GB Enterprise A/V (UW), WD 4.5 GB Enterprise (UW), Panasonic/ Matsushita CD-R (SCSI2), Nakamichi CD Changer (SCSI2). Currently Running a Creative/Matsushita 5x EIDE DVD-ROM.

Comment

Hey,

I have been successfully using the Matrox Hardware DVD decoder, attached to my RR-G series card, with my G200. It runs really well. My DVD drive is a Pioneer 6x SCSI (I forgot the model number, but you can get this info pretty easily). My motherboard is an ASUS P2B-DS, so it has a built in SCSI controller (AIC-7890).

Beware: I think I am the only person on the planet who has not had a problem using the hardware decoder in conjunction with a SCSI DVD drive.

The funny thing is, when I tried the software-only version of Zoran's DVD decoder, I could never get it to work. But when the hardware decoder showed up, I installed the new version right on top of the old one - and it worked perfectly.

Brain Man

Comment

Brain,

I am not surprised it didn't work with SoftDVD, EVERYBODY has seemed to have had problems with a SCSI DVD-ROM using softDVD.

I am glad that you were able to get it to work with the hardware decoder, however.

One more question for you: does the DVD-ROM you are using currently have an internal S/PDIF digital output to a sound card? (It's a two pin connection, not a 4 pin MPC-3 connector: I've got an SBLive!, and this feature is important to me.)

Thanks everyone for their responses so far!

[This message has been edited by MultimediaMan (edited 09-19-1999).]

Comment

Working...
            X