Q3Test looks bad on my G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q3Test looks bad on my G400

I see all these screenshots with a very detailed pathway, but my G400 displays the pathway the same as my TNT2 Ultra did. Partially detailed then blurry, and even more blurry as you back away. Does anyone know why this might be happening?

- DJ
    My Packurd bell 166Megahurtz runnin at 233 on a ABIT ITH5 muther board,
    128MB EDO ECC RAM and a hole bunch of other cool stuff.

You need to tweak the game a bit.

First, rename the demoq3 folder to baseq3.
    This will unlock the demo, and allow you to customize it, much the same way as Q2.

Then, make yourself an autoexec.cfg in the baseq3 folder. In that file include these variables, and adjust as needed...

//Visuals ////////

cm_playerCurveClip "1" // allows you to walk through any curved world geometry...
    r_detailtextures "1"
    r_drawentities "1"
    r_drawSun "1" // ?Use the Sun Light Source?
    r_dynamiclight "1" // Use/Don't use Dynamic Lighting
    r_ext_texture_env_add "1"
    r_ext_compiled_vertex_array "1"
    r_ext_multitexture "1"
    r_ext_gamma_control "1"
    r_ext_texenv_add "1"
    r_ext_swapinterval "1"
    r_ext_compress_textures "1"
    r_facePlaneCull "1" // Cull Triangle Faces (for planes? not sure what's diff from reg. culling)
    r_fastsky "0" // Quick 'n Dirty Skies
    r_flares "1" // Render Flares
    r_fullscreen "1" // Full Screen (vs. Windowed)
    r_gamma "1.4" // Gamma Correction
    r_overBrightBits "1"
    r_preloadTextures "1"

// Railgun
    cg_railTrailTime "250" // How long the railgun's trails last
    color "2" // Rail Color 1 = Bule, 2 = Green, 3 = cyan, 4 = red, 5 = Magenta, 6 = Yellow, 7 = White
    r_railCoreWidth "10" // Size of the rail trail's core
    r_railRotation "30" // Didn't work, but it sounds cool.
    r_railRotationSpeed "0" // Same as above.
    r_railSegmentLength "64" // distance between rail "sun bursts"
    r_railWidth "96" // Width of the rail trail

// OpenGL Sepcific /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

gl_texturemode "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR"
    gl_ext_clip_volume "1"
    gl_ext_pointparameters "1"
    gl_ext_compiled_vertex_array "1"
    gl_ext_multitexture "0"
    gl_ext_palettedtexture "1"
    gl_ext_gamma "1"
    gl_ext_swapinterval "1"
    gl_ignore_errors "1"
    gl_driver "opengl32"
    gl_finish "1"
    gl_swapinterval "1"

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks Kruzin, I'm still using your config for visuals for Q2. It worked for the G200, G400 and my V2 card as well.

Paul

------------------
      PII450, SE440BX, 192MB PC100, MILL G400-32MB on BNC, Quantum3D Obsidian2 X-24 on D-sub, 21"Trinitron, SCSI CDR/RW, SCSI ZIP, USR Voice Faxmodem Pro(USB Ext) WN98
      and a (Very Messy Desk);oP

"Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

I tried that procedure and Q3Test 1.06 would not run at all. So I changed the folder back to demoq3 and it ran and executed the autoexec.cfg file but I saw a lot of "Unknown command" items.

I left everything set to default and ran the timedemo (at 640x480) and got 37 fps.

I tried another resolution and it locks up running the demo. Everytime I try the timedemo it locks up so bad I have to reset. Even tried it without your modified autoexec.cfg file...still locks up.

If I try to play a game by setting up a server myself, I get pauses when moving around.

I have a G400 32meg DH card, P-III 450 @ 504, 256 meg PC133 HSDRAM.

I did not d/l and inmstall GLSetup as I did not think I needed it having the 5.13 drivers.

Do I need it?
        The first version (of q3test) did not need it and it ran fast even at high res and all options on. This version seems worse to me than the first version of the test.

Any ideas what I can check or change?

Comment

Yea...what I listed up there doesn't seem to work with the new version of Q3test that came out last night.

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I've been told these same type of tweaks can be done to TNT2 Ultra cards. If this is so, aren't the screen shots like comparing apples to oranges?

- DJ
            My Packurd bell 166Megahurtz runnin at 233 on a ABIT ITH5 muther board,
            128MB EDO ECC RAM and a hole bunch of other cool stuff.

Comment

The baseq3 thing will work with 1.06 if you patch the executable. At offset 5D040 just change 'demoq3' to 'baseq3'.

P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

Kruzin,

Where do you find out about all these tweaks (i.e. actual command lines, explanation of the command, and optimal settings).

Thanks, NightOps the Tweaking Newbie

------------------
                AbitBH6, P2-300 OC'd-450, 128MB PC100SDRAM, 9.1G Seagate Medalist Pro, 17" NEC MultiSync 5FGe, Matrox G400 Max, Intel EtherExpress PRO/100B, Motorola CyberSURFR Cable Modem, Win98, PD5.25, G400 ICD Beta, DX6.1

Comment

J.Bruntt - No...those are Q3 commands. If you look through some of the other threads here, you will find my HL config stuff...

NightOps - I don't remember where I got those...probably tweak3d.com or something...that was a while ago (look at the date of the posts...why is this thread back up here )

Comment

Those tweaks that you posted, Cruzin - can they be used in for instance the Half-Life autoexec.cfg?
                    Duron 650@650/Asus A7V/64mb/5600rpm/SB128/G400(16Mb)/Win98

Comment

Working...
                    X