Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake II

I am not sure if i will explain this very well but i will try
    When playing the game i get bands of very faint white across my screen.
    It seems to happen when i pick up artifacts (armour , health etc)
    Or when firing the weapons.
    I am running the game in 1024 x 768 in 32 bit.
    It does it with the new drivers and the last ones.
    Apart from that the detail and colour is excellent.
    I have a G400MAX
    PII 350
    128 RAM
    17 " MONITOR
    I dont get any lock ups or any thing like that.
    Any one got any ideas ?
    Thanx in advance for your help.
    I am also using the beta icd which has boosted my frame rate by about 6 or 7 which is great.

[This message has been edited by Gorf (edited 09-12-1999).]

Have you tried it with the regular ICD? It looks great for me at 1024x768x32. I get 45fps on demo1, with beatiful clear colours and everything. No glitches whatsoever.

------------------
    Andrew Gallagher - andrew@agallagher.com
    Asus P2B-S (1010), PII-350@350), 64MB PC100, 12.7GB Quantum Fireball EX ATA-33, 2x2.1GB Quantum Atlas I UWSCSI, Toshiba 6201 SCSI CD, Yamaha CRW4416S SCSI CD-RW, WangDAT SCSI, MillG400 32MB DH w/ 5ns RAM(5.25 Divers/1.5 Bios/Fo=310.5MHz), SBLive! Retail (LiveWare2.1), JVC RX884V Dolby Digital Receiver@500W, Dell D1728D-LS 17" Monitor (first head), ProScan 27" NTSC TV (second head), Win98SE, BeOS 4.5.1, RedHat 6.0, NT4SP5
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

When say the regular ICD do you mean the one that would have been installed with the 5.21 drivers? (theese were the first drivers i used with the card,never used the ones out of the box)
      My frame rate is the same as yours, apart from the screen flashes its great.
      I am thinking about formatting and installing everything clean?

[This message has been edited by Gorf (edited 09-12-1999).]

Comment

I was referring to the one that comes with 5.25, not 5.21. I think they're very similar though.
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

And... it's always a good idea to format and reinstall. Windows is very difficult to fix without a reinstall if the system files have gone screwy.

Comment

Yeah i think i will do that.
            I am off today so i have a bit of time to kill.
            If i forget about the gardening , the shelves the wife wants me to put up etc etc etc..LOL
            Format hear i come.

Comment

Working...
            X