No announcement yet.

Why come g400 is such a pain in OpenGL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why come g400 is such a pain in OpenGL?

Ive tried ALOT of fuzzing with my g400, but still my quake2 freezes. Seems there IS a solution, but it still isnt "defined". Some can play with no problem - others like me, struggle with all kinds of hacks.

Thats why my G400 is going back - I dont want to spend dayes hunting bugs.

OK, I admit the G400 looks great in ALL my directX games - and ive never seen my desktop so sharp.

Same story again...
    I'm almost certain that there is nothing wrong with your G400, it's in your setup...Some program or component just don't work well...

Comment

Yep, I dont think my card differs from any other g400 dualhead (except those with 5 ns ram)

Guess I didnt see the sticker on my box.
      "This device requires hacking and tampering with your system"

bye

Comment

Listen... my card was crashing too and I tried every hack possible... nothing worked. But whe nI closed ALL the programs working in the tray (even disabled the Task scheduler) It works fine !!! try it I think you'll find it useful.

Comment

I've also tried a lot of fussing with my g400, and quake2 still freezes, I've tried all usual hacks, made sure I am using 16 bit colour etc., closed all programs in the in-tray, forced the g400 to use IRQ 11 etc. etc.
          I don't want to get rid of the g400, I think it's a good bit of kit !
          Anybody got any more ideas ??

Comment

One other thing to look at...
            I have been playing GLQuake for three years or so. Much of it with a voodoo 1. I used several GL config utilities over the years. I'll bet I have 50+ GL_* lines in 5 *.cfg files.
            There is no telling how all of them affect your new card. You might want to look.
            chuck

------------------
            Oh, No! no sig yet!

Chuck
            秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
            X